Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd June 2011, 18:25   #1
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Engine Undertray Fixings

Thanks to Jack Of Hearts I now have an undertray. He's also given me as many fixings as he could find, so now I need to know if the rest are the same, or does it have different ones anywhere?

As you can hopefully see in the image, I have 4 along the top, and two further down. Are all the fixings the same and where would be the best place to get some? Do I need the screw and the bit it screws into? (highly technical terms there...)

Last edited by ZedTeeTee; 22nd June 2011 at 18:42..
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:40   #2
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

they are all the same you only need 4 to finish the set i might have a couple but you have seen my garage so they might take some finding
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:03   #3
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default undertray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissy1810 View Post
they are all the same you only need 4 to finish the set i might have a couple but you have seen my garage so they might take some finding
The fasteners are available on e bay but only in packs of ten and expensive at £21.25 posted.
The retaining washers can be cut from a plastic butter container.

Last edited by wuzerk; 22nd June 2011 at 19:08..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:15   #4
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Hi the main fixings are four quarter turn srews into a spring clips on the sub frame. I have two screws and four clips + 3 washers if you want them. just cover the cost on postage the items wil be foc. send me a PM with you name and address if you want them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
Thanks to Jack Of Hearts I now have an undertray. He's also given me as many fixings as he could find, so now I need to know if the rest are the same, or does it have different ones anywhere?

As you can hopefully see in the image, I have 4 along the top, and two further down. Are all the fixings the same and where would be the best place to get some? Do I need the screw and the bit it screws into? (highly technical terms there...)
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:18   #5
Dashiel
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Club Tourer LPG

you can get all the items from rimmer bros but they are expensive - full set of everything you need will cost about £40 with p&p. A lot of the stuff on ebay is from people / businesses who have bought 'packs of 10' from Xpart and are then trying to recoup by selling what they have left over (Xpart seem to sell a lot of stuff in packs of 10). So you may not get that good a deal. A lot of secondhand stuff will probably be pretty nasty with rust, being on the bottom of the car. do the best that you can afford - you don't what this falling off on the motorway.
Dashiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:02   #6
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

I just bought a pack of land rover fixings. A pack of ten for £3.70 including delivery. They are steel screws with the clips as well.

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:59   #7
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

As ever some very good replies and information, and two offers of free bits if needed!!

Excellent, just what this forum is about, and once again, very much appreciated.

Cheers to both Dissy and Woolleysox for their generous donations!
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:04   #8
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislloydie View Post
I just bought a pack of land rover fixings. A pack of ten for £3.70 including delivery. They are steel screws with the clips as well.
C'mon Chris, its no good just teasing us with this......Where did you buy them from?
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:25   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post

Hi Mofo
There are 12 altogether but the ones i have marked with two black dots are the most important, i have some spares as i changed mine for a penny washer & a rubber washer held on with self tappers which can easly be undone with a rechargble drill fast and very secure.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:25   #10
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for that Arctic - very, very informative and thatnks for posting up the pictures, should make my life a bit easier when it comes to fitting it. I will gladly take any spare fittings you have, I'd rather have too many, and then pass on spares to the next person who needs them, than not enough. I'll drop you a PM if thats ok.

Last edited by ZedTeeTee; 23rd June 2011 at 11:26.. Reason: Typo