Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2011, 18:50   #21
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Thats exactly my plan, use Mr Clutch clutch kit and freelander slave, parts ordered and work being done Thursday and Friday so back on the road by the weekend. I've looked at your how to Mike, thats meticulous in its detail, well done - people like you make it possible for your average joe like me to do some bits and pieces to our own cars and save us a tidy sum in the progress.

I know bassman your comment was not an ill conceived one. I would always like to go for the best I can afford, cheap cost to me usually (but not always) leads to poor quality hence the well kept secret of our cars is the exception to the rule. My plan is to keep this lovely car roadworthy and in tip top condition so long as its viable but as most people these days the pocket rules and mine are not as deep as i'd like!!!
I also had the Freelander slave put in mine...

I dont always go for OEM or even new stuff, after spending so much on my clutch, I put a second had strutt on the front, and a second hand fan on as well, and will use remoulds on my next tyre change........It is really only the clutch I splashed out on...In my 40+ years of driving, Ive NEVER had a service done......could never afford it...

Ive used remoulds for decades, so cant be put off them.......before anyone tries....lol
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 19:57   #22
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Do they sell re-moulds? I have never seen any. I always buy part worns. Great little place near me i've been going to for years and put a lot of people onto them. People will tut about part worns but think of it this way - unless youv'e had them fitted today then your'e driving on a set of part worns.....Never had a bad one and they must meet a legal minimum safety check.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:35   #23
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Do they sell re-moulds? I have never seen any. I always buy part worns. Great little place near me i've been going to for years and put a lot of people onto them. People will tut about part worns but think of it this way - unless youv'e had them fitted today then your'e driving on a set of part worns.....Never had a bad one and they must meet a legal minimum safety check.
Yes, re remoulds..Ive used them on my last 4 cars(over last 15 years) and priced them off my local garage at £25 each(although i did think this a bit low)..I have a couple of part worns on at the moment which cost me £25 each, but that included the 15 inch alloy as well...

Kingpin was the brand I used on my BMW318i

http://www.kingpin-tyres.com/retread-phpmenu1.htm

Last edited by bassman; 4th July 2011 at 21:19.. Reason: added a link
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote