Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2012, 21:09   #1
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Default Bosch Maf from germany

Has anybody bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306998552...84.m1423.l2649 and was it ok ?
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 22:41   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

No, but a MAFless remap will set you back only a little more, worth considering!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 22:51   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
Has anybody bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306998552...84.m1423.l2649 and was it ok ?
No, but it looks a good price for a genuine MAF
And of course will proportion air/fuel ratios correctly, unlike MAFless remaps which are a "tweak" of the preprogrammed defaults used by DDE4 with the MAF unplugged.
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 23:57   #4
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
Yup - they are genuine, they are cheaper than any I've seen in the UK (and at the moment, £5 less than I paid - must be the exchange rate ), they arrive quickly and in conjunction with marinabrian's XPower upgrade, it has made an enormous difference to both power and torque on my car. I suspect that there are lots of MAFs out there which haven't totally packed in - but have deteriorated over time. Its only when you fit a new one and experience the improvement in the performance that you realise how strangled the engine was previously. What I would also say is that although you get a noticeable improvement in performance if you simply disconnect a duff MAF, its nowhere near as good as having a fully working one.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 19:47   #5
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
No, but it looks a good price for a genuine MAF
And of course will proportion air/fuel ratios correctly, unlike MAFless remaps which are a "tweak" of the preprogrammed defaults used by DDE4 with the MAF unplugged.
Brian
This one gives a 2 year guarantee....would a similar genuine one bought in the UK, give 2 years as well do you know...

I maybe should have just looked on Rimmers...if indeed it says
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 20:25   #6
bassman
Avid contributor

Looked on Rimmers, and of course, theirs isnt a Bosch....I did a bit of a search and found reference to this (below) posted originally by FrenchMike..

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/Defau...language=en-GB

Is it worth just buying the sensor itself....and would this fit in any housing, or would it be specific to the Bosch housing...

Its around £30 cheaper at £87 inc postage...

Addendum...apparently the part number above is not the one for the 75......but...if they sell "just the sensor" for other motors, surely we could get "just the sensor" for the 75, without having to buy the casing as well....

Last edited by bassman; 16th December 2012 at 21:18.. Reason: added more info
Old 16th December 2012, 21:31   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
Looked on Rimmers, and of course, theirs isnt a Bosch....I did a bit of a search and found reference to this (below) posted originally by FrenchMike..

Is it worth just buying the sensor itself....and would this fit in any housing, or would it be specific to the Bosch housing...

Addendum...apparently the part number above is not the one for the 75......but...if they sell "just the sensor" for other motors, surely we could get "just the sensor" for the 75, without having to buy the casing as well....
Bob, if it's not in the housing it's not the right one from the same seller the right one
As far as I've been able to ascertain, there is no such thing as the 75/ZT MAF sensor being available separately (excluding cheapo clones).
If you check the part numbers, you'll most likely find the part numbers quoted cross reference to a BMW MAF, with an over fuelling rate of 8%.
Remember buy cheap, buy twice is the old adage here.
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:05   #8
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Read my comments on this thread and then make your mind up.......:xmas-smiley-029:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=117220&page=3
Bigcul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 16:09   #9
bassman
Avid contributor

Thanks Brian, and Bigcul1....I had no intention of buying one, and was really only questioning whether they could be bought without the housing....

When I get round to buying one(after a few brim to brim mpg tests without a MAf) I will buy Bosch, if the drop in mpg warrants it....

Last edited by bassman; 17th December 2012 at 16:16..
Old 17th December 2012, 17:38   #10
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

After reading all this about M.A.F.s I am more confused than ever (which dont take much to do)

Question 1 What Maf should you use ?
Question 2 If you have had an X Power upgrade from 115 to 131 which M.A.F should you use ?

because looking at some of the listings they show two different part numbers
for the 115 and the 131

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote