Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2018, 11:23   #61
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Kennyeth - I don't know who you are, nor do I particularly care, but as a fellow member of this community I may be able to help you overcome your evidently significant shortcomings.

It appears that you are being overly sensitive to being called a thief. You should instead be grateful that you are in fact the vehicle for the membership to see our cherished principle of free speech in action.

May I suggest that you see your doctor and ask for something to help you develop a condition known in professional circles as linear pompoustous annulus . It will help you rise above matters and take swipes at people from the sidelines whilst a the same time developing an inner sense of superiority.

If you need further help, just ask. This is what the forum is about.

OMG! did you by accident swallow a suppository
Ken.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:34   #62
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I agree with the above suggestion - keeping the thread open at this time is not serving any useful purpose in healing community.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:35   #63
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default And at last.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Trikey

You need to get your facts right as I don't think you know as much as you think you do?

I have heard from people that you need to ring Brian to get out of the do do when it goes wrong! Then there's the post regarding traffic master all from a man that charges for work and by the way is the advert on top of the page still current as I thought you had moved to Norwich?

And while we are on the subject of t4 can you as an expert in the field tell me how t4 can see the 160 re map if as Brian and others have said previously that the map is put on the cars with a Chinese copy of something g or other ie not t4

To the people who have had their cars remapped with Brian or Russ you need to be aware that all your Information is saved and in the event of an accident can and will be admissible in a court of law (if your insurance company has not been made aware)

I doubt any of you were told this and I also doubt you got a receipt.

Maybe this will help why Brian has gone

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287278

Or maybe its because as he says I'm fed up with doing things for nothing to the people on here

Unfortunately Brian was arrogant and in this case he got it wrong!

Cheers Trikey

Steve

Steve, I have never hidden the fact that I ring Brian for advice when I come up against an issue that is beating me.

The post regarding trafficmaster is still a puzzle, every car fitted with trafficmaster I have seen has had a button in the dashboard so you can call the nice receptionist at the help desk. (Quite why this is relevant is beyond me? Or are you just trying to paint me as incompetent?)

As for the 160 remap being invisible, it is invisible to most of the ecu readers out there. I’m sure you know that when you plug in t4 it scans for all the vin numbers stored in the vehicle, then if there is a conflict it will highlight this.

Maybe an airbag module that has been swapped out, maybe a clone from Mr ‘tidy shopper’

As for insurance companies being made aware, my motor trade policy covers me for any motor vehicle regardless of engine size, wheel plan etc so no worries there, my signature needs updating by Reebs as I don’t have access to that.

Just for the record, I advise anyone who comes to me for a remap that they should tell their insurance company, wether they do or not is not my responsibility.

Going back to the top of your post, Bill Gates I most surely am not, one thing I am though is honest and open about the things I do on peoples cars. Unlike some others that I have previously mentioned.

Last edited by trikey; 21st August 2018 at 11:37..
Old 21st August 2018, 11:39   #64
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I thought this club was a nice place and just look at how out of hand this is getting! I am assuming Brian was told off for previous comnents and yet here everyone is still arguing.

Old 21st August 2018, 11:44   #65
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

This thread was started by Brian to express his need to have a break from the club not for some to use it to poke a stick at other members, that will only succeed in creating bad feelings and animosity, unless that is the goal

Brian says it as he sees it, always has and a lot of people don't like that or him because of it, that's their problem not his. Even those who have had no contact with Brian have benefited from his knowledgeable posts.

T4 Location Map
Old 21st August 2018, 11:44   #66
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Simon, your exchanges over technical matters with Brian was banter and is something I am going to miss reading.

As Brian is not here to defend himself against the back stabbers from that little group of ‘know-it-all’s’ and out of respect for him, I wonder if the mods would consider temporarily closing the thread whilst Brian decides where his heart is: this club, or in another direction. There are plenty of other threads where T4 issues/copyrights can be discussed.
Brian's comments where not seen as banter.

Are the "back stabbers" the same as the "brexit dogs" by the way? Woof, woof.

There's a excellent section on LandyZome called anyting goes. It is what it says. Politics, religion etc.. No one falls out, no one spits their dummy out threads aren't locked no one gets banned. There are rules here that some of us try to adhere to; whilst others appear to disregard them and get away with it. When compliants are made accusations and name calling are posted and the accussers concerns are not addressed and so it continues.

Shame for everyone really.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:45   #67
steveo

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
What data do you think has been stored, the vehicle's or the owner's.
It's reasonable to assume that all of our 75/zt' s would have had their ecu data stored by whichever dealer supplied/pdi'd/serviced them, but having had no access to personal data, only vin/mileage at the time of remap etc may have been saved.
Not just the cars information!
Brian and colleagues are not dealers! there is a difference.
Is it OK for the people who have had the 160 re map done (mine was done by Russ at a cost of £120)to be told it cannot be detected but this is obviously not the case if all is to be believed.
Just as a matter of interest how many people knew information about them is being kept and how many got a receipt from the t4 operator.

Steve
Old 21st August 2018, 11:50   #68
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Well, if Brian's going, I might go aswell! Where are we going to by the way?
Gumtree and Ebay will be full of adverts for spares or repairs 75 and ZT very soon!

Come back Brian. I am missing you already!!!
Old 21st August 2018, 11:51   #69
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Having read this little lot could I advise a number of contributors never to venture onto your average typical football club forum.

Some of the more sensitive souls would be metaphorically roughed up, chewed up and spat out by the other contributors in about 30 seconds flat.

By comparison squabbling about a couple of car issues is positively afternoon cream cakes and Earl Grey tea stuff.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:54   #70
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Well this is an long time coming aint it he has better things to do with his life then wack an t4 on some ones car or fix an ecu or tell you what is wrong with the car with out even looking at it lol lost one good man soon the rest will go cos ov village idiots

We all forget that he dont need this as an job or financial gain or anything

infact i like the rover 75 mgzt i love it but end ov the day its an old banger what not worth no more then 2000 pound max we all no this deep down

like this for example i tell you what i buy an car say ?1500 pound i will fix it and it cost me 4000 to fix up make it mint so i sell it for 55000 lol some village idiots man on this site need to understand we driving old cars may look nice drive nice but the old bangers get in our head not worth much money no matter how much you put into it how much it worth to you not the man next door lol

its an fourm for us to help each other out and keep them on the road etc and we all go on like kids

the is an lot ov nob heads on this site and we all know who the are

the is an lot ov really nice people two

who will do anything to help people out and not even charge you for anything

world has gone man .......................
people dont like some one saying how it is that the problem on this site

I CANT SPELL LOL and some village idiot will say oh cant understand this well people who i need to understand it will lol so unlucky and i dont care but i do no what i need to no
Closed Thread