Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2020, 10:39   #1
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default Plenums

Just found a car with a really stupid plenum drain design, makes ours looks pretty tidy .

Renault kangoo, my elderly neighbour had a flood on the pessenger floor, so had a read up on the net and unblock his drains , but this plenum area has a approx 8 x 6 inch hole which you can seen the blower fan thro' .
and this hole is only about an inch or so up from the plenum floor so any more than that waterwise and it just pours in the cabin, or if less it will probably come through when cornering..

dem frenchies

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 19:41   #2
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Renault Kangoo

So that's one more struck off my bucket list.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 23:24   #3
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Probably the same idiot designer that put window motors in the door bottoms on the post-2003 Renault ranges, and made the drain holes in the door bottoms so small that the motors flooded in a heavy downpour. By contrast, I stupidly drove my R19 16v cabrio through 2 feet of running flood water in the Cumbrian floods a few years back. Water came over the bonnet, through the bonnet venturi, and filled up the plug tubes between the cam banks (the rubber seals had perished on the tubes). The car drove 50 yards through the flood, and kept running while I enquired if the driver of a stranded and very dead micra needed any help. However, my car expired a couple of hundred yards further on, as one by one, the plugs shorted out. Surprisingly, once the water in the plug tubes was evacuated, the car restarted from cold, and suffered no long term problems, not even the carpets got damp (unlike the Rover). My current Mk1 Megane convertible appears to be equally well-made and watertight.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote