Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2018, 13:47   #31
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Thank you. I'm going to go out and have a look at mine. I'm getting an odd squeak..squeak..squeak on start-up idle that goes away if I spray water on the pulley. Hope it's not this!
JonMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 15:19   #32
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I have completely been here and got the T shirt etc. Looked after M47's don't sound like a tractor - if they do it's almost always the crank pulley rather than the water pump and it's almost definitely nothing inside the engine. Buy a Corteco one and just accept the price, I had 2 cheaper ones fitted and both failed within 3 months, I bought a Corteco one and the engine is still happily 'purring' away after nearly 2 years.

Get the related belts changed at the same time as well
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 15:26   #33
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I have completely been here and got the T shirt etc. Looked after M47's don't sound like a tractor - if they do it's almost always the crank pulley rather than the water pump and it's almost definitely nothing inside the engine. Buy a Corteco one and just accept the price, I had 2 cheaper ones fitted and both failed within 3 months, I bought a Corteco one and the engine is still happily 'purring' away after nearly 2 years.

Get the related belts changed at the same time as well
yes, definitely the Corteco...

i did buy a branded one from a trusted dealer on here once and it fell apart in the box...!! he was good enough to be very embarrassed and refunded me immediately, but even the "better then ebay" ones are not up to snuff
You can get an original MG/R one or a Landrover TD4 pulley whish is identical but often comes in cheaper...
Old 28th March 2018, 19:56   #34
jordimussol
Avid contributor

2005 MG ZT & 1996 MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMs View Post
Just to clarify..........if the rubber blocks come up against the metal stops it shows that there is movement? They should be in the middle of their "range" ?

Exactly. The tabs should be approximately in the middle since the damper works left or right and shouldn't get to the end. If it does, oyu know something has failed.

When I had the broken one on, on first turn of the key it could click (reaching the stops of the outer ring) and then proceed to vibrate and sound like in my video. Not a nice sound. The sounds eems a lot worse than it actually is.

If you've not got the correct tools, I recommend you get a garage to fit it. It's a question of loosening the bolt with a large impact gun, loosen the belts, take old one out and fit new one.

If you can, also get the new bolt. I reused my old bolt but put some thread lock.

Mine isn't a Corteco one as the local Land Rover dealer wanted 400eu for the part. 380 for the Rover ref. model (as they're also XPart). So he got me one that they supply for 100eu (with mega discount). If that fails, will claim on the warranty. The problem was I needed my car running ASAP.
jordimussol is offline   Reply With Quote