Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2018, 18:30   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Quite an eventful day in Glasgow

We were up in Glasgow today initially to get the Merc serviced, well it’s done 2,600 miles so it was due an oil change.

After dropping the car off we ventured in to the City to do what the boss likes best, shopping that is especially in M & S where after stepping off the bus we were heading to their Sauchiehall Street store.

Only today was different, as we were walking up the street there was obviously something wrong as smoke was belching up into the sky. It turned out to be a serious fire in a nightclub almost next door to M & S and adjacent to the Pavilion Theatre.
It had actually been burning for more than two hours at this point but as I stood watching it, only then did the flames erupt through the roof.
Luckily there were no casualties but on our way back to the bus there were lots more streets cordoned off because of the possibility of asbestos in the air.

Back at MB in Giffnock unlucky for me was the car which should have been ready by 3.30 wasn’t ready until after 5.00pm and if that wasn’t bad enough the heating system in their showroom had packed in so it was a very cold wait.

Glad to be home safe, sound and warm but today my thoughts turn to those brave firemen fighting that blaze particularly to the guys way up at the top of the turntable ladders. They deserve every penny they earn.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:15   #2
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

A wonderful venue the Pavillion. Spent many a great evening there during my time in Glasgow. Hope it can recover from the fire.
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:58   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
We were up in Glasgow today initially to get the Merc serviced, well it’s done 2,600 miles so it was due an oil change.

After dropping the car off we ventured in to the City to do what the boss likes best, shopping that is especially in M & S where after stepping off the bus we were heading to their Sauchiehall Street store.

Only today was different, as we were walking up the street there was obviously something wrong as smoke was belching up into the sky. It turned out to be a serious fire in a nightclub almost next door to M & S and adjacent to the Pavilion Theatre.
It had actually been burning for more than two hours at this point but as I stood watching it, only then did the flames erupt through the roof.
Luckily there were no casualties but on our way back to the bus there were lots more streets cordoned off because of the possibility of asbestos in the air.

Back at MB in Giffnock unlucky for me was the car which should have been ready by 3.30 wasn’t ready until after 5.00pm and if that wasn’t bad enough the heating system in their showroom had packed in so it was a very cold wait.

Glad to be home safe, sound and warm but today my thoughts turn to those brave firemen fighting that blaze particularly to the guys way up at the top of the turntable ladders. They deserve every penny they earn.
I second that
Old 22nd March 2018, 20:14   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Listening to the news this evening it appears that the Pavilion has suffered some smoke damage.
I’m not surprised as it was even causing problems on the nearby M8.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 23:04   #5
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I’m not surprised as it was even causing problems on the nearby M8.
Yep, there was smoke drifting onto the motorway, not bad still there
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:47   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Love Glasgow - great city!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote