Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2020, 11:27   #31
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

We are however, not in the hands of politicians, but the great British public. If they haven't encountered the virus most of them appear to behave as if that means that they are not liable to catch it. The same people who we trust to take up a vaccine.

Stay safe and wary, and get the vaccine when you get a chance, and after that? stay safe and wary.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 12:29   #32
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
We are however, not in the hands of politicians, but the great British public.

If they haven't encountered the virus most of them appear to behave as if that means that they are not liable to catch it. The same people who we trust to take up a vaccine.

Stay safe and wary, and get the vaccine when you get a chance, and after that? stay safe and wary.
Fred, your assumptions are based on what? None of us have polled even our own street let alone the great British public! The section of the great British public that have the greatest percentage in this have now been labelled as Anti-vaxxers! The old rule: apply the derogatory terminology, then ridicule, then dismissal is easier.

Thereby lies the problem, an unprovable statement, that because of its ambiguity mixed with equal degrees of fear and wishful hope, can only provoke scepticism.

To label millions of honestly sceptical adults as idiots or even worse as so many others have elsewhere, and thankfully not done on here, is some indication of the so-called tolerance we mystically trot out when something we disagree with is ridiculed.
Old 7th December 2020, 12:49   #33
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Well I had the covid on Saturday night, in fact, I almost fell over with Covid. I was almost paralytic with it. Slowly recovered on Sunday and today I'm fully cured
Might catch it again tonight though, depends what's on telly
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 14:42   #34
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The difference with this virus is that it's spread by contact in the main, we don't socially distance with the flu or a cold, my point being that if there's no contact spreading and cases stop occurring it should die out as there's no reason for it to exist. If after a three week period there are no new cases it should be gone in a logical sense, the problems come if people carry on being infected by a minority of idiots. Another of our problems came because of the very poor Summer, I was seeing 7 degree temps in the mornings for most of July, it was warmer last Christmas. We know that heat kills the virus and many Greek Islands for example hardly saw any cases, the Sun makes everything too hot for the virus to live on surfaces, theoretically if someone with the virus touched a sunbed for example, ten minutes after no-one would catch it from that item, if our Summer had been roasting we would have seen less cases but, warm and wet conditions made for an ideal spreader.
This Virus is the same as any other Virus it's genetic code might be slightly different but it's behaviour is no different.
Why do you think normal flu cases have dropped like a stone this year?
It's because of the decreased contact between others due to social distancing maybe we should have always done this to prevent Flu in the past?

You can never totally isolate everybody, there's too many essential workers, electric, gas, water and sewage all their support workers, that's besides medical and essential food supplies and their support systems.
There's always someone who going to have to come into contact with someone else and there's always someone who doesn't or won't isolate for a whole raft of reasons.
That's why lockdowns only ever slow down the spread without eradicating the disease.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 17:32   #35
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Hi Russ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
This Virus is the same as any other Virus it's genetic code might be slightly different but it's behaviour is no different.
Why do you think normal flu cases have dropped like a stone this year?
It's because of the decreased contact between others due to social distancing maybe we should have always done this to prevent Flu in the past?

You can never totally isolate everybody, there's too many essential workers, electric, gas, water and sewage all their support workers, that's besides medical and essential food supplies and their support systems.
There's always someone who going to have to come into contact with someone else and there's always someone who doesn't or won't isolate for a whole raft of reasons.
That's why lockdowns only ever slow down the spread without eradicating the disease.

Russ
I have issues with this `virus` If I have the seasonal flu and I give it to someone they are generally as unwell as I would be. In every season there's a new strain of Flu that people may or may not get, if they do they generally have the same symptoms, some die from frailty. This `virus` has so many different features and complications that stand it apart, many have clotting issues, some never even know they have it so what's the truth behind the world panic right now? I understand the genetic code of the virus has four markers for HIV in there and it attacks some DNA profiles more than others. I don't think we're being told the truth right now and there is much more to come.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 19:09   #36
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Many Viruses can leave people with long term problems, I've certainly learned that in over 20 years of working on the frontline of emergency medicine.
Over the years I've come across many patients who were left with all sorts of problems and disabilities directly caused by viruses.
I developed cancer caused directly from a virus re-activating in my blood due to a glitch with my immune system. A scientific study just after I was diagnosed found a viral involvement with over 40 different types of Cancer

Thing is that these things are not widely reported, and the media have latched on to "long Covid" as something else to frighten us with.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 19:28   #37
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Good news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Many Viruses can leave people with long term problems, I've certainly learned that in over 20 years of working on the frontline of emergency medicine.
Over the years I've come across many patients who were left with all sorts of problems and disabilities directly caused by viruses.
I developed cancer caused directly from a virus re-activating in my blood due to a glitch with my immune system. A scientific study just after I was diagnosed found a viral involvement with over 40 different types of Cancer

Thing is that these things are not widely reported, and the media have latched on to "long Covid" as something else to frighten us with.

Russ
I hope that you're as well as Denise in your long term fight, cancer is the word no-one wants to hear. This virus has been shown to be unable to be passed on after three weeks, that's a small time frame to eradicate it if that's what it takes.
I'm hoping you stay well and will hopefully catch up with you at a meet, this is such a difficult time with many uncertain things to come, Best wishes.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2020, 13:41   #38
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Latest news is just a bit scary. Two NHS workers suffered severe complications after taking the injection. Either insufficient testing prior to release for public treatment, or inadequate screening for allergies in prospective patients.

With all the glad handing on TV yesterday following the first patient getting treated, it provides some inkling into the research. One size does not fit all.

There is absolutely no point in a healthy person taking such a risk where the supposed medicine could conceivably kill you. Dramatic? Of course it is. Kill you? Yes, of course. Anaphylaxis?
Old 9th December 2020, 14:32   #39
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Latest news is just a bit scary. Two NHS workers suffered severe complications after taking the injection. Either insufficient testing prior to release for public treatment, or inadequate screening for allergies in prospective patients.

There is absolutely no point in a healthy person taking such a risk where the supposed medicine could conceivably kill you. Dramatic? Of course it is. Kill you? Yes, of course. Anaphylaxis?
I Read that on BBC news. The report clearly states it was not Anaphylaxis and it didn't say severe.
Are the BBC covering up and is there a different report about?

"The two people had a reaction shortly after having the new jab, had treatment and are both fine now.

They are understood to have had an anaphylactoid reaction, which tends to involve a skin rash, breathlessness and sometimes a drop in blood pressure. This is not the same as anaphylaxis which can be fatal.

Both NHS workers have a history of serious allergies and carry adrenaline pens around with them."

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 9th December 2020 at 15:17..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2020, 15:10   #40
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Oh dear oh dear oh dear- NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- journalists never miss a "bad news worse" opportunity. If what I read is accurate what was wrong with "Two National Health workers who have a history of serious allergies have had a reaction after having the new jab but are now fine following treatment" Not a literary masterpiece but a bit less frightening. Chris .S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote