Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2022, 22:59   #181
planenut
Regional Secretary
 
planenut's Avatar
 
Rover 1.8T Tourer

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Heathrow
Posts: 6,895
Thanks: 1,551
Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Had the car now around 13years.---Shortly after I bought it I checked and cleaned out the plenum of a small quantity of leaves.---Many years later I decided the do the drilled hole and sticky tape idea.


Yesterday ( Having not thought about the plenum for many years now-- ) I decided to pass a rod down through the drilled hole. I could see the rod poke out from under the car.--No leaves, no water.

I actually felt a little disappointed at finding nothing come out of the drain pipe.
Guess I might need to wait another 5 years before I get a result.


---
You lucky chap. I keep an eye on mine as there trees here that drop rubbish all year round.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2022, 22:06   #182
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
You lucky chap. I keep an eye on mine as there trees here that drop rubbish all year round.
We have a few trees here too.--A couple of large pine trees whose needles seem to last for ever refusing to go quietly like any normal tree's leaves. Normal leaves seem to rot down to nothing.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2022, 13:44   #183
Martin Butler
Loves to post
 
Rover 75 saloon

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: St Leonards
Posts: 325
Thanks: 46
Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts
Default

I gave mine a good rodding, OHH err missis, and it came out clean, no debris,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2022, 13:22   #184
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Had the car now around 13years.---Shortly after I bought it I checked and cleaned out the plenum of a small quantity of leaves.---Many years later I decided the do the drilled hole and sticky tape idea.


Yesterday ( Having not thought about the plenum for many years now-- ) I decided to pass a rod down through the drilled hole. I could see the rod poke out from under the car.--No leaves, no water.

I actually felt a little disappointed at finding nothing come out of the drain pipe.
Guess I might need to wait another 5 years before I get a result.


---
Maybe I've been pushing my luck a bit---So checked again yesterday.---Still no leaves.--

Must change that pollen filter. Still running on the original.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2022, 20:13   #185
daveo138
Gets stuck in
 
daveo138's Avatar
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Chesterfield
Posts: 598
Thanks: 206
Thanked 69 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Maybe I've been pushing my luck a bit---So checked again yesterday.---Still no leaves.--

Must change that pollen filter. Still running on the original.--
I hope your pollen filter doesn't look like mine

daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2022, 08:58   #186
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post
I hope your pollen filter doesn't look like mine

Actually I feel a bit embarrassed to say this but-------It does.-----



Almost.---But not quite.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2022, 09:44   #187
Arctic
Give to Learn
 
Arctic's Avatar
 
Freelander 2

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 18,599
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Actually I feel a bit embarrassed to say this but-------It does.-----



Almost.---But not quite.----
Jon a thread for you to follow then

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=170300
__________________
Arctic
Givology Learn to Give
Everything is Achievable

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2022, 17:24   #188
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Jon a thread for you to follow then

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=170300
Thank you very much Steve.--If you look on your--How-To-- you'll see I posted a THANKS on it 8 years ago--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2022, 18:32   #189
Martin 190
Looking for a Tourer.
 
03 V6, 04 diesel Tourer.

Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, i have just got my first 75 and spotted this thread. The plenum was holding quite a lot of water and the pollen filter had a tide mark on it. I wondered what the musty smell inside was. Many thanks.
Martin 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2022, 13:42   #190
Arctic
Give to Learn
 
Arctic's Avatar
 
Freelander 2

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 18,599
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin 190 View Post
Hi, i have just got my first 75 and spotted this thread. The plenum was holding quite a lot of water and the pollen filter had a tide mark on it. I wondered what the musty smell inside was. Many thanks.
Hi Martin.
You now need to keep your fingers crossed that the ECU as not been for a swim and got damp if it has then it could give you none starting problems in the future.

Try and make our last nano meet in a few weeks' time and get some on the spot advice
https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/...hp?f=212&t=688


https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=170300


https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=125864
__________________
Arctic
Givology Learn to Give
Everything is Achievable

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 15th October 2022 at 09:02.. Reason: spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © 2006-2023, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd