Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2019, 00:18   #31
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default Rover 75 Reviews

RoverLord,

The Bonus video I have already seen, I have commented as a 'Rare VHS Uploads' when I watched it. If you check my channel I have videos uploaded of my own two Rover 75's. I recognised the video from your description of the Prince Harry lookalike & relaxing nature of the video with rolling English countryside. 'Andrew Carr' says he is planning to do a full review of that car later in the year.

Something a little different but as a German I think you will appreciate this BBC broadcast from 1996 about the BMW-Rover relationship. Nothing about the Rover 75 is mentioned but it's a sweet little piece that gives an insight into the differing industrial cultures of Germany (Barvaria) & U.K. (Birmingham).

Most of the Germans & British are young apprentices in the video & I found myself wondering what became of them 23yrs later.

Part One BMW-Rover Bonding;

https://youtu.be/Aok3FzBhAYM

Part Two BMW-Rover Bonding;

https://youtu.be/0bzUuhk0K3U

I will examine your other links & see if their are any Rover 75 Reviews that I have missed.

Let me know what you think of that little BBC gem above?

Regards, Matty.
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 10:49   #32
RoverLord
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyboy View Post
RoverLord,

The Bonus video I have already seen, I have commented as a 'Rare VHS Uploads' when I watched it. If you check my channel I have videos uploaded of my own two Rover 75's. I recognised the video from your description of the Prince Harry lookalike & relaxing nature of the video with rolling English countryside. 'Andrew Carr' says he is planning to do a full review of that car later in the year.

Something a little different but as a German I think you will appreciate this BBC broadcast from 1996 about the BMW-Rover relationship. Nothing about the Rover 75 is mentioned but it's a sweet little piece that gives an insight into the differing industrial cultures of Germany (Barvaria) & U.K. (Birmingham).

Most of the Germans & British are young apprentices in the video & I found myself wondering what became of them 23yrs later.

Part One BMW-Rover Bonding;

https://youtu.be/Aok3FzBhAYM

Part Two BMW-Rover Bonding;

https://youtu.be/0bzUuhk0K3U

I will examine your other links & see if their are any Rover 75 Reviews that I have missed.

Let me know what you think of that little BBC gem above?

Regards, Matty.
Ahhh, Matty! What a gem. Just finished them and I must say: These were days. People respected each other and it seems more peaceful than today.

The mother who backed their sons bag and she secretly hid a photo of her between the clothes.

Young lads learning from each other. Two great cultures exchanging.

Every time when a name came, I tried to google it along with "Rover" behind it. Just found John Berkeley on Linked. Unfortunately no Louise Lane Women looked and were very feminine than today. Great times.

Thanks for the links, Matty!

PS: I am like that too What are they doing now? We might never know.
RoverLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 09:18   #33
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default Book recommendation

RoverLord,

I watched those, number 4) the advert was new to me & I enjoyed it. I prefer my reviews to have narration so I prefer the second video with the gold Mk2.

I recommend reading ‘Rover 75 & MG ZT: The Complete Story’ by James Taylor.

Regards, Matty
Old 15th March 2019, 16:46   #34
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default A new 75 video on YouTube.

Hello RoverLord,

https://youtu.be/HOmVr5tGfRQ

I'm sure you'll enjoy this recently uploaded homage. This circulated on the Facebook Rover 75 groups & I think it's one of the better videos, feels like an original contemporary advert from Rover.

Regards, Matty.
Old 16th March 2019, 01:25   #35
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I am a Rover man & have always had at least one Rover with me for nearly forty years, mostly though it's been more than one. I've had my P5B for thirty three years. I started off with a P6 & have had half a dozen or so, four pots & V8's. Then l decided to try a P4 so bought a 110.
I could see the 75 was a return to the real pedigree of the old Rover's so after a few years l bought one & was reassured with the old Rover ambience as soon as l sat in it.
At present l have my P4, P5B, two P6's & my 75. Also my Morris Oxford Traveller for variety.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 14:28   #36
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyboy View Post
Hello RoverLord,

https://youtu.be/HOmVr5tGfRQ

I'm sure you'll enjoy this recently uploaded homage. This circulated on the Facebook Rover 75 groups & I think it's one of the better videos, feels like an original contemporary advert from Rover.

Regards, Matty.
Love that video - thanks for posting the link

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote