Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th September 2021, 10:55   #41
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

"Head in the sand" How about " my glass is half full" thats much more fun. I think even some of the lovely people on this site get a bit "they" The sun has got his hat on(the Ovaltinies). Chris S,
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2021, 12:43   #42
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
"Head in the sand" How about " my glass is half full" thats much more fun. I think even some of the lovely people on this site get a bit "they" The sun has got his hat on(the Ovaltinies). Chris S,
Indeed yes. A positive mind will help.

Whining about things that have happened beyond ones control only perpetuates the depression of it all.

Instead of whining and repeating headlines of these events and troubles, causing further dark thoughts, perhaps a solution offered or an action taken (or to be taken) would help.

Eg if.you dont want a vaccination, (which is fine) get on with your life, rather than berating those who wish to have it. (And vice versa).

Disagree with the policies of the ELECTED majority? pull your out finger out,join up and campaign for change.

If something is not done about it now we are all going to die?

Dont become part of or add to the problem, do something about it,dont whine about it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2021, 05:22   #43
Gremlin

MG ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Indeed yes. A positive mind will help.

Whining about things that have happened beyond ones control only perpetuates the depression of it all.

Instead of whining and repeating headlines of these events and troubles, causing further dark thoughts, perhaps a solution offered or an action taken (or to be taken) would help.

Eg if.you dont want a vaccination, (which is fine) get on with your life, rather than berating those who wish to have it. (And vice versa).

Disagree with the policies of the ELECTED majority? pull your out finger out,join up and campaign for change.

If something is not done about it now we are all going to die?

Dont become part of or add to the problem, do something about it,dont whine about it.

Totally agree
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 07:00   #44
mbev51
Banned

Removed

You should not be confused between a positive mind and the head in the sand syndrome. The uk is one of the most infectious countries in the world, we are playing a very high risk game. In the future the UK will not be able to detect a new variant entering the country until its established itself. Many people think it’s all over whereas the truth is we are all going to be exposed to the virus sooner or later.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:59   #45
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
You should not be confused between a positive mind and the head in the sand syndrome. The uk is one of the most infectious countries in the world, we are playing a very high risk game. In the future the UK will not be able to detect a new variant entering the country until its established itself. Many people think it’s all over whereas the truth is we are all going to be exposed to the virus sooner or later.
.......... and?

You seemed to have finished your comment early, for if that is it, it is what I refer to, as the 'we are all honking to die comment'.

It is such an obvious and well known statement, that has been discussed at every level of society both privately and publicly.

What is your thought or suggestion on what society should do to keep safe and therefore protect your future holidays?

There is no confusion by the way

Old 23rd September 2021, 10:37   #46
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I’ve already said that I think we should be taking precautions that have little or no impact on the economy, such as mask wearing, distancing and promoting working from home. This would also help to keep it in peoples minds as a country we have high number of infections and we should all be vigilant. I would also like to see people tested coming into the country to continue so we know where we are. Ive just been to a supermarket, reasonably busy, I would say perhaps 30% of people had masks on.
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:56   #47
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Contrary to perceived opinion and seldom seen in any historic report from HMGOV, the noise coming from the unvaxxed is not from them all.

It invariably comes from the evangelists with the biggest gobs, much the same as from the excitable ones in the opposite camp. Everyone's a critic these days. Get a grip, it's not a competition for which badges are given. Or maybe it's a new virtue signalling outbreak, they are usually much more dangerous in the long run.
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:30   #48
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I see both Scotland and now NI have some measures still in place. They have adopted a more cautious approach.
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:00   #49
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default A problem

Why is it that many of the `vaccinated` are thinking that those without vaccination are carrying the virus around with them? This is being fuelled by mainstream media with a level of hysteria I've not seen before and it needs to stop. The facts are simple, the `vaccines` offer limited protection and need boosting, the un-vaccinated are most at risk from the virus if they catch it and, the ones who have had the virus and have the most immunity are being ignored.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:45   #50
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I’ve already said that I think we should be taking precautions that have little or no impact on the economy, such as mask wearing, distancing and promoting working from home. This would also help to keep it in peoples minds as a country we have high number of infections and we should all be vigilant. I would also like to see people tested coming into the country to continue so we know where we are. Ive just been to a supermarket, reasonably busy, I would say perhaps 30% of people had masks on.
EXACTLY!, you have 'already said' ....... what are YOU doing about it, instead of stating the obvious (again!) and regurgitating the tabloid headlines.

What did your local MP say about it when you offered your suggestions when you lobbied him or her?

Forget testing, locking down borders would be the obvious primary course of action, particularly for pleasure. There will have to be limited exceptions made for health and business reasons, of course, but there are procedures and methods available for this.

Allow internal movement with or without the mask. Reading between the lines, it may seem like I am against masks and vaccinations, although I find it uncomfortable and have experienced odd issues, I am a mask wearer and vaccinated. However there are people who choose not to, and I am not going to object to their choices (and I believe businesses should be allowed to refuse entry if they request a mask).

I do believe that herd immunity would be a viable control of the virus now, with the vaccinations at the level they are supposed to be, but only if international travel is halted, perhaps for the next 6 months to allow winter and its associated health problems to pass by. I think this is basically how New Zealand have dealt with it, and if they had more vaccinated, they may not have needed such a severe sudden lockdown again.