Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd September 2021, 07:40   #1
Garethsd1
Regular poster

2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Auto

Default Top PAS Pipe is weeping - Rover part unavailable..?

Hello everyone

I have a Rover 75 V6 (2.0)

The "flexi" bit of my PAS Pipe coming off the PAS Pump across the alternator and then down towards the bottom of the engine bay is weeping. With the wheels straight, there's no leak evident, but if I go lock to lock, there's PAS fluid collecting on the aluminium engine mount.

Although Rimmer Bros show the part (no4 at https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID002027) in their exploded diagrams, they don't list it so I can't even get the part number to google for a supplier.

My local mechanic doesn't think it can be repaired (I'm minded to disagree!) so does anyone know who could source a replacement, or has anyone had theirs repaired and recommend a company for me, please?

Thanks

Gareth

1982 Rover SD1 3500SE
2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE auto (2 litre V6)

Both cars running on LPG (autogas)
Garethsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:36   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Could you not get one made using yours as a template and also using the two ends?

I am sure there will be someone closer but if you are really stuck try Hypose in Southampton. Could also try a Google search in your area for hydraulic repairs.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:20   #3
Garethsd1
Regular poster

2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Auto

I've found a place in Didcot that have said that they can replace the "flexi" pipes for me #Phew. Hoping to get it repaired next week before I go on holiday.

For the record, it's tvhydraulics on 01235 511001. I will report back here if they're any good, and I'll also ask if they'd be prepared to make up a couple, perhaps Rimmers or DMGRS might want to stock them.

1982 Rover SD1 3500SE
2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE auto (2 litre V6)

Both cars running on LPG (autogas)
Garethsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:00   #4
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Take it down to your local plant hydraulic fitters and they'll make up a new hose to match.
There's nothing particularly special about the hose - it's just an ordinary low pressure hydraulic hose. If anything the replacement may be a bit of an upgrade.

Not sure of particular companies to suggest near you - google is probably the best bet - but companies like Pirtek are UK-wide.
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:03   #5
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

On my previous 75, a kamikaze rabbit committed suicide by getting caught between the power steering pipes and radiator. It was enough to bang one of the flexi pipes against the pully which resulted in the hose being cut halfway through. I couldn't locate a replacement, either new or 2nd hand. I cut the hose and inserted a metal tube. I then used this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-purpo...2430573&sr=8-2 over the whole repair. I finished off with jubilee clips at both ends as belt and braces. It lasted 20,000 miles plus until some boy racers ploughed into it and wrote it off.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:52   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
On my previous 75, a kamikaze rabbit committed suicide by getting caught between the power steering pipes and radiator. It was enough to bang one of the flexi pipes against the pully which resulted in the hose being cut halfway through. I couldn't locate a replacement, either new or 2nd hand. I cut the hose and inserted a metal tube. I then used this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-purpo...2430573&sr=8-2 over the whole repair. I finished off with jubilee clips at both ends as belt and braces. It lasted 20,000 miles plus until some boy racers ploughed into it and wrote it off.
This is only likely to be possible on the low pressure side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a failure on the high pressure side (it can rub against the A/C pulley as mine did - so worth a check). A quick message to Mickboy and a couple of days later, I was back on the road (tied back out of the way to the subframe after though lol).

Contact some of the traders on here.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2021, 07:06   #7
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

[QUOTE=clf;2900857]This is only likely to be possible on the low pressure side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it was the high pressure side. That self amalgamating tape is actually as good as the ads, it is excellent.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote