Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th September 2021, 06:51   #51
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I think what they want here in the UK, is for the virus to spread through the population as quick as possible, that’s why they have taken away all measures. Some of the medical people have misgivings about this strategy but most of the population are going along with it. My daughter is in bed with it, my brother in law and wife has it and my wife was tested yesterday as she was showing some symptoms. It’s spreading and unless we totally isolate most, if not all of us will be exposed to it sooner or later. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not afraid of it, I’m a realist. I’m concerned about being able to get on with my wife’s and my life, in particular travelling abroad. We have flights booked for the end of January to see family in NZ. I don’t hold out much hope, NZ will be fully vaccinated by the end of the year but as we are a highly infected country, the UK is on NZ’s red list as it is with other countries. They have said they will only let in travellers from countries with low infections.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2021, 10:51   #52
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I think what they want here in the UK, is for the virus to spread through the population as quick as possible, that’s why they have taken away all measures. Some of the medical people have misgivings about this strategy but most of the population are going along with it. My daughter is in bed with it, my brother in law and wife has it and my wife was tested yesterday as she was showing some symptoms. It’s spreading and unless we totally isolate most, if not all of us will be exposed to it sooner or later. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not afraid of it, I’m a realist. I’m concerned about being able to get on with my wife’s and my life, in particular travelling abroad. We have flights booked for the end of January to see family in NZ. I don’t hold out much hope, NZ will be fully vaccinated by the end of the year but as we are a highly infected country, the UK is on NZ’s red list as it is with other countries. They have said they will only let in travellers from countries with low infections.
So, I hope you will be doing your bit by postponing your travel? At least initially until NZ get up to speed with their vaccination programs (subsequently other countries). Holidays abroad are not essential and therefore can easily be delayed for a year or two. Perhaps even encouraging local populations to investigate the hidden joys of our own country. You cannot complain about people in a supermarket not wearing masks, and then expect to fly half way around the world to a vulnerable country.

A lockdown of borders will allow countries to stabilise, allowing the populations to obtain some level of immunity, naturally or via vaccination, making new variants less of a concern. Internal lockdowns are not necessary currently, at least in the UK.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2021, 12:07   #53
mbev51
Banned

Removed

NZ is run by a very competent government, they will not let us in until they are fully vaccinated and the UK is not a high risk country. I will be going as soon as they will let me in. We are missing our Grandchildren. We also have a canpervan we use here to explore in particular the borders and Scotland.
Old 24th September 2021, 12:47   #54
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
NZ is run by a very competent government, they will not let us in until they are fully vaccinated and the UK is not a high risk country. I will be going as soon as they will let me in. We are missing our Grandchildren. We also have a canpervan we use here to explore in particular the borders and Scotland.
I miss not having snot dry up in my nose, causing discomfort and pain when removed, I shall stop wearing a mask.

As I said, do your bit or stop complaining about others not doing theirs.

Old 24th September 2021, 16:28   #55
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Im not complains about other people. My complaint is really with the government’s handling of the situation.
Old 24th September 2021, 17:30   #56
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Im not complains about other people. My complaint is really with the government’s handling of the situation.
So you took it to your mp? And sacrificed by postponement, your trip, to allow the countries a chance to recover and develop their immunity. Being part of the problem, denies the right to blame or complain about others.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Old 25th September 2021, 07:00   #57
mbev51
Banned

Removed

You talk about my MP, I’m currently in back and forward email conversation already about another matter. He has one of the safest Tory seats in the country, even at election times he doesn’t come round. One of the previous MPs, Rory Stewart, I actually had some time for, a rare man of sound knowledge and integrity. The concern I continually raise with my current MP is that in his constituency they are no NHS dentists taking on new patients, and that has been try for a while now, another one has just gone private this month. I don’t want to open up another ‘front’ with him discussing my views on reckless COVID policy decisions.
Old 25th September 2021, 07:18   #58
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Remember, MPs are our servants, BUT they cannot please all the people all of the time, or indeed solve the whims of every constituent.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2021, 07:41   #59
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I don’t consider wanting access to a NHS dentist a whim!
Old 25th September 2021, 08:50   #60
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

What are your personal criteria when choosing a NHS dentist over a private one? Does availability triumph when in pain? Does it depend on the severity of the pain? Are routine check-ups part of the choice? We all have different priorities.