Notices

Old 7th October 2021, 14:45   #31
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
It depends on the situation to an extent but arrests of women were if possible done by two officers whether both male or one of each. The reason being to guard the officer against the malicious allegations of sexual assaults. I dont know what policy is at this time. And the opinion of women is something we cannot know,but wont be positive for some. Off line a bit but from what Ive picked up via press and others sources Couzins was not a fully trained Constable but a static armed guard with minimal Police training. He joined in 2018,ex military and quite old 40ish.so with less than 4 years service. Normally 4 years Constable is only just beginning to usefully experienced. I think the Home Office should have questions to be asked regarding all recruiting and training policy. They set the parameters. Chris.S.
What if the female officer was an aggressive narcissistic lesbian?

I think we are heading towards catering for so many theoretical situations that the whole system will implode.

-------------

I still do not have any solutions, but I do believe we will have to support officers that make a decision based upon good sense and judgement in some ad hoc.situations. (eg a female becoming more and more physically dangerous to herself or others whilst a male officer awaits an impartial witness). Which should bring us back full circle.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2021, 15:10   #32
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Exactly-there are a lot of "what if's" in life and all they can do is apply common sense to every situation. But we must allow its their call,right or wrong done in our name and they are accountable, so as you say we support or at least not traduce them as many do. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2021, 16:35   #33
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I think that on the whole the met do a good job in difficult circumstances. In this case the culprit was very quickly identified and apprehended courtesy of good cops who no doubt are very dedicated to the job. I gather that some related investigations are still ongoing and have yet to report so it will be interesting to see what if anything unfolds. A motive I think has yet to be determined with Couzens defaulting to "no comment" regards this question among others. He apparently wiped his phone in the hour before his arrest, that could just be coincidental but maybe not.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote