Notices

Old 19th October 2021, 09:54   #41
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I’ve just done a COVID lateral flow test before going to see my father, unfortunately my mother is in hospital. It would have suited me to have contracted COVID off my wife but it didn’t happen. There’s nearly 50k today tested for the virus, my point is the government should talk to us as we don’t know where we are heading with it. Ignoring the storm clouds will cost unnecessary lives, some think it’s all over. A weekly bulletin not with detailed statistics just what is required to get the info across. It’s a shame the health minister is a finance person rather than a medical one.
Why would it have suited you? I dont get this. You know you can contract it more than once, and still pass it on?

As for the govt. when they did have daily multiple briefings, people misinterpret the findings, from the minister who is guided and advised by medical professionals. In some ways it is better this way, certainly will be for you. As a non medically trained minister will balance the needs for the people along with the needs for medical protection. Ie you shoild be able to strap yourself into a small tube with hundreds of others for a half a day. A medical professional.would lock down on this, until the threat was reduced yet further, with no thought to the economy etc.

They are damned if they do and damned if they dont with you. Daily multiple briefings with all the facts and figures mean nothing to the public in general. Even your post above suggests 50k people tested. How many of those are positive. Based upon our sample, ie your test, none are positive. However, the headline you spew is 50k, but with nothing to back this up, your post is drivel designed to whinge at the govt.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2021, 10:19   #42
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Almost 50k new cases in the media. I’m sorry that you feel my post is drivel. I won’t respond, it’s your opinion. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2021, 11:29   #43
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Almost 50k new cases in the media. I’m sorry that you feel my post is drivel. I won’t respond, it’s your opinion. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks.
Sounds about correct. In ni and the republic the figures would be comparable.

So out of that less than 1% of the population, how many die? How many do not need to be hospitalised due to vaccination?

Also how many people today recover sufficiently to be able to go back to work/cease isolating after suffering from it?

You make 50k seem like a big depressing number and whilst it is, you leave out additional details to counter such claims.

Have you ever thought of writing headlines for the daily mail or sun, not sure you would have enough optimism for the daily sport.

Old 19th October 2021, 21:54   #44
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Also in the media 238 deaths(or around that figure), where a positive test was recorded in the past 28 days!

Without a breakdown, that death figure is useless. Eg, how many of those deaths were by causes unrelated to covid - a car crash for instance.

Few, including yourself (from your previous complaints) will not take notice of the footnote, only the headline 238. Whilst it could be that all were covid related deaths, ons, groni and nisra statistics in the past do not suggest they are though.

Please stop depressing yourself (and others), start taking responsibility for yourself and your own actions, rather than wait for the govt to tell you what to do. Get out there, with sensible and reasonable precautions and enjoy your life as much as you can or want.

EDIT: just to add in case there is any doubt - I am not a denier, nor do I actually doubt any of the figures. Covid is a deadly virus to some who could live long lives without contracting it, it is also relatively easily transmitted. If people took care of themselves, with sensible and reasonable precautions (as you would with any transmissible disease/virus), it would remain in control. One person does it, the next person does it etc. Be selfish with your health, and selfless with the petrol and toilet rolls.

Last edited by clf; 20th October 2021 at 01:38..
Old 20th October 2021, 06:38   #45
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I’m afraid the government is making the same mistake as at the beginning of this pandemic. It will again be forced to act but far too late. They should read the damming report and act appropriately. BoJo is dreaming about chasing the holy grail of net zero carbon emissions. We should never have relaxed all sensible measures, pretending we were through it, the virus never went away and is now threatening our NHS again and the winter hasn’t started yet.
Old 20th October 2021, 06:54   #46
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Unless you wear a medical mask, you will not be fully protected from micro droplets breathed out by carriers of Covid, so wearing a shop bought mask will usually only protect them from you. To protect yourself, stay away from other people, avoid crowded environments and sanitise stuff that is delivered to your house (even if you collect it from shops etc). If that sounds over the top, it is but it will keep you much safer. If you want to go back to normal, you must be prepared to take the possible consequences. This thing is still killing people and making others very sick for long periods of time. Don't underestimate a virus. Ask anyone who has had "normal" post viral syndrome.
Old 20th October 2021, 08:12   #47
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
I’m afraid the government is making the same mistake as at the beginning of this pandemic. It will again be forced to act but far too late. They should read the damming report and act appropriately. BoJo is dreaming about chasing the holy grail of net zero carbon emissions. We should never have relaxed all sensible measures, pretending we were through it, the virus never went away and is now threatening our NHS again and the winter hasn’t started yet.
As many other posters have posted, myself included, it is not governments that transmit viruses. Therefore you can have as many lockdowns as you want but you will never eliminate transmission and thus it is the population of the UK who will be "threatening" the NHS.

Those who feel the need for lockdowns then there is the option of doing a personal one. The only thing I would say is if that person is on the public purse (like the DVLA staff ect.) then the moral thing to do is resign one's position.

If we had a true lockdown then there would be no post, utility services, NHS, veterinary, farming (food production), fuel supplies, medical supplies, just nothing. There will not be another lockdown full stop. You will have to adjust your life to that fact.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 09:21   #48
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

We're doing 9 times the amount of testing than most of the other countries in Europe.
Germany has stopped testing for all but for those with severe symptoms.
It may appear like it's far worse here than other places but it's not.
As others have said it's endemic in the population and we're just going to have to get used to it.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 17:06   #49
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Covid has certainly divided the country. I was irritated by the Welsh first minister (who I'm sure is a nice well meaning guy with good intentions), when he said that we were all in this together. His salary gets paid in full like most civil servants and he remains financially unaffected personally, unlike most of us in the private sector who had to endure a big financial hit. It's time to start living with the virus. I worked a foot away from 20 patients a day from July 6th 2020. We applied the usual universal precautions, and added phone triage screening, social distancing, mask wearing, screens, virus filters and a new extraction system and patients having to wait outside until called, with fallow time and extra cleaning after each patient. I was working during all the subsequent 'waves', unjabbed for seven months. I never wore my space suit, since it was impossible for me to work properly. My nurse lasted longer but she gave up on the suit with her first Pfizer jab. We're now providing all routine services albeit a little more slowly. Media 'Project Fear' however continues unabated with dubious statistics parroted by people who don't understand statistics. Death within 28 days of a positive Covid test has been abused to the nth degree. We know the tests are very inaccurate. Are the labs all doing the same thing? How about 'Deaths within 28 days of a Covid jab? No-one seems interested in reporting that statistic?
Naturally acquired immunity via constant contact with other people is very important to the functioning of our immune systems and protection from scores of other threats. I do hope all our preventive eggs aren't just in the basket of 'jabs for everything for everyone forever including babies and domestic pets'. It is bad science (and somewhat Fascist) to insist those who have recovered from Covid naturally and demonstrate antibodies and have superior immunity should still be jabbed or lose their jobs. I'm double jabbed now, but truly disappointed to find I can still be infected and still spread the virus. I think Professor Ferguson's original doom scenario of 2 million dead was influenced by his knowledge that Covid -19 is a 'gain of function' product from a lab. We're all lucky that the virus was no-where near as bad as they thought. However, if you get it, you may be in that unfortunate miniscule minority amongst our population of 70 million that gets seriously ill and doesn't make a full recovery. Get jabbed, be streetwise and sensible about your normal business (and pay less attention to the talking heads on TV)
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 17:26   #50
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I see the health minister has finally had a press conference!