Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th October 2021, 17:38   #51
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

As said, just keep washing your hands, stay away from crowds, wear your mask if you need to, I get a little irritated by some of the carping views, and yes whinging - its a pandemic for G--s sake. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 19:05   #52
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Figure this out.

I got back from a Greek Island holiday on Monday, I've not had the jab because I've had the virus and have my natural immunity now, the government sent me the results of my blood test but won't recognise natural immunity for whatever reason. I had to take a pre paid test to come home whilst my partner didn't because she's had the jabs, In the process I found a way to cheat the result and could have easily got on the aircraft with the virus, I didn't of course but it's doable and foolproof. I share a house with a `vaccinated person` she can come and go as she pleases but I'm told I must Isolate for ten days, I'm not doing that as I'm not being a political prisoner.
To sum it up, if you haven't had a non mandatory injection you are being segregated from normal society, you are being discriminated against, you are being intimidated by constant calls and knocks on the door to force you to stay at home, you are being told that someone near you on your flight tested positive and you must take a test and stay isolated but, your jabbed partner can still come and go as she pleases, false imprisonment is the result under threats of a £1000 fine because you haven't had the jabs, does this sound right in a normal society or is it a worrying downward trend.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 19:23   #53
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

And the covid bill got an extension without any issues, no surprise there
Old 20th October 2021, 19:53   #54
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I got back from a Greek Island holiday on Monday, I've not had the jab because I've had the virus and have my natural immunity now, the government sent me the results of my blood test but won't recognise natural immunity for whatever reason. I had to take a pre paid test to come home whilst my partner didn't because she's had the jabs, In the process I found a way to cheat the result and could have easily got on the aircraft with the virus, I didn't of course but it's doable and foolproof. I share a house with a `vaccinated person` she can come and go as she pleases but I'm told I must Isolate for ten days, I'm not doing that as I'm not being a political prisoner.
To sum it up, if you haven't had a non mandatory injection you are being segregated from normal society, you are being discriminated against, you are being intimidated by constant calls and knocks on the door to force you to stay at home, you are being told that someone near you on your flight tested positive and you must take a test and stay isolated but, your jabbed partner can still come and go as she pleases, false imprisonment is the result under threats of a £1000 fine because you haven't had the jabs, does this sound right in a normal society or is it a worrying downward trend.
speak with your doctor to obtain some sort of document to state you have had the virus, as this is a form of evidence of having immunity (perhaps this is a NI thing?). In the same line as the Covid 'passport'. But remember, having immunity (natural or not) does not stop you from contracting and therefore passing it on. It is this reason why you need to take the day 2 test - not sure if you still need the day 8 test.

Having natural immunity is not a guarantee of its effectiveness, or its strength of effectiveness. Your natural immunity may be stronger than mine, or vice versa.

Ultimately though, the immunisation is not for you, nor to stop you passing it on to others. It is purely and simply to reduce the risk of the infection affecting you severely enough that you require hospitalisation, and therefore preventing someone getting treatment for 'non sufferable' disease eg cancer.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 07:38   #55
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But.

[QUOTE=clf;2904505]speak with your doctor to obtain some sort of document to state you have had the virus, as this is a form of evidence of having immunity (perhaps this is a NI thing?).

It is a NI thing, not a thing on the UK mainland.

Having natural immunity is not a guarantee of its effectiveness.

Agreed, this is still an unknown area but natural immunity trumps the vaccine, the vaccine wanes after a few months but natural immunity is in the T cells for life, it's not about antibodies but that's all that's talked about. The Israeli study alone shows a 13 times less likely chance of getting it again or passing it on after an initial infection.

Ultimately though, the immunisation is not for you, nor to stop you passing it on to others. It is purely and simply to reduce the risk of the infection affecting you severely enough that you require hospitalisation, and therefore

The vaccines are not immunisation in any shape or form, they are merely a form of treatment to stop severe illness, my natural status means that the `vaccines` can't add anything to my immunity and will just be a pointless exercise. The `vaccines` need a second dose and now a so called booster, I don't need anything else as my T and B cell count is still good, the B cells naturally reduce after the infection is fought off but the T cell memory remains in my immune system, a new infection would see the B cells multiply to fight off any new illness. The risk factor to others after natural immunity is less than someone who just had the jabs, the issue I've raised is deliberate refusal to recognise natural immunity and I don't know why that is, it's also a big issue in the US where over 100 million Americans have had the virus and recovered. I don't have any idea why a government that tells you that you have antibodies, as a result of having had the virus will then refuse to acknowledge that result of their own test.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 07:42   #56
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
As said, just keep washing your hands, stay away from crowds, wear your mask if you need to, I get a little irritated by some of the carping views, and yes whinging - its a pandemic for G--s sake. Chris S.
Who needs to wear a mask? IMO we should all be wearing masks, practicing social distancing and working from home if practicable. We have no leadership on this. We need to stop the NHS being overwhelmed this coming winter. We should never have removed these basic measures that don’t damage the economy, people were lead to believe it was virtually over! Leadership is what is lacking. Javed is a financial person without a background in health. He will have to be ‘dragged kicking and screaming’ to adopt plan B. Ministers should be made to read the report on the handling of the pandemic that has just come out.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 09:01   #57
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I see the health minister has finally had a press conference!
Lol.
On the news last night, Singapore with a very high vaccination rate and excellent uptake of boosters, the virus is spreading. But lockdown isn't the answer unless we're all genuinely 'in it together'. Everyone whose job is affected should be compensated for being forced out of work by ministers on full pay who can go on forever at our expense. Banks and government have lent billions to businesses that would otherwise have failed, but more than 2 million have fallen through the cracks in the schemes and are destitute. Banks will expect to be paid back. Mortgage deferments will add years to the mortgage terms of the borrowers. Devastating to mental health of so many folk affected.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 09:14   #58
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thanks edwardmk for post 49, for a balanced non-hyperbolic sense of proportion. In the interests of spreading calm on ridiculously troubled waters, it prompted me to follow up with: Latest available figures show deaths from Yellow Fever in Africa to be in 2013 (severe cases) were up to 60,000. What they are this year is anybody’s guess given the continent’s methods of administration.

Thankfully, during a recent stay for a week in hospital because of a non-Covid matter, I was not on any occasion asked about my vaccination status or requirements. Of course, they must have known through national records what my position is but the subject was not raised. Even daily bedside chats were totally non-virus/non-vaccination related and not one member of staff were wearing masks on the ward.

The ward had six beds, all occupied and all mask-free with ward doors open to a busy corridor. Now, it seems, we are about to meet the iron fist inside the Boris the Joker’s glove.

I would like to see the figures published for deaths by causes other than Covid that have been exacerbated by covid patients having their preferential treatment. All merely in the interests of balance and proportion, obviously.
For Pete’s sake, get a grip.

Last edited by wraymond; 21st October 2021 at 09:16..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 10:00   #59
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

[QUOTE=Saga Lout;2904569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
speak with your doctor to obtain some sort of document to state you have had the virus, as this is a form of evidence of having immunity (perhaps this is a NI thing?).

It is a NI thing, not a thing on the UK mainland.

Having natural immunity is not a guarantee of its effectiveness.

Agreed, this is still an unknown area but natural immunity trumps the vaccine, the vaccine wanes after a few months but natural immunity is in the T cells for life, it's not about antibodies but that's all that's talked about. The Israeli study alone shows a 13 times less likely chance of getting it again or passing it on after an initial infection.

Ultimately though, the immunisation is not for you, nor to stop you passing it on to others. It is purely and simply to reduce the risk of the infection affecting you severely enough that you require hospitalisation, and therefore

The vaccines are not immunisation in any shape or form, they are merely a form of treatment to stop severe illness, my natural status means that the `vaccines` can't add anything to my immunity and will just be a pointless exercise. The `vaccines` need a second dose and now a so called booster, I don't need anything else as my T and B cell count is still good, the B cells naturally reduce after the infection is fought off but the T cell memory remains in my immune system, a new infection would see the B cells multiply to fight off any new illness. The risk factor to others after natural immunity is less than someone who just had the jabs, the issue I've raised is deliberate refusal to recognise natural immunity and I don't know why that is, it's also a big issue in the US where over 100 million Americans have had the virus and recovered. I don't have any idea why a government that tells you that you have antibodies, as a result of having had the virus will then refuse to acknowledge that result of their own test.
Recovery after two weeks is a recognised form of immunity, certainly when I looked into the travel rules about 8 weeks ago. But only if you had some.form.of document from the doctor. However, it only excused you from having an 8th day test, you still had to have an officially recognised 2and day test on returning home.

On arrival to both poland, and norway, two destinations I was required to check out at the time, a covid passport was required to prevent the need to isolate.

The travel became non essential, so in the end I didnt do it, whilst it was still an option open to me and an attractive option to me, the hassle on return, and the risk to myself and family (of being confined in a plane with others) was more than I was willing to do.

Lobby your mp regarding the natural.immunity situation though. I still do not know what this Israeli study is about, but if it is a study based in israel, I would be sceptical of it without additional support from an unrelated study.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:55   #60
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Some good points Saga - I'm with you on them!

Discrimination wasn't available during the plague but of course it's big business now. We wouldn't get the right decision from our Supreme Court on this blatant form of 'dis' if challenged as they like an easy well paid life.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote