Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd November 2021, 16:12   #1
Edward Huggins
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default Fascia trim resonating

The faux wood facia trim is buzzing on my Rover 75 - build date 16/3/2005. I have found the location of the resonance. How far can one prise this thin trim outward? The only fix I can think for this is to squeeze some sealant/caulkin into that gap and then press it closed/adherred. Or maybe Members know of a better fix?
Edward Huggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:56   #2
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Which piece is it?

If it's 2005 build then it's probably got the cheap, thin plastic 'wood', best bet would be to get a set of earlier metal backed panels (or original wood) these are much more rigid than the later one. You might be able to put a thin piece of foam behind it perhaps?

Incidentally, I do have buzzing occasionally from the mirror switch pack on mine at certain bass frequencies, haven't quite figured out how to stop that yet.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:33   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Just throwing this out there, as it is not obvious, and there is a relatively common buzz that presents itself around the dash, in my case, even moving as I moved closer to where I thought the sound came from.

Seemed to appear around 1800 rpm, it broke my heart even removing the dash at one point, after fitting foam pads around it. Found the answer on this forum, turning out to be the BCU mounting bracket vibrating against the BCU. Bent the bracket out slightly and the buzz disappeared.

It is on the bulkhead just above the fusebox, behind the glovebox. The sound seemed to travel and be carried by the windscreen.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote