Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th November 2021, 17:29   #121
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Just for a bit of balance my surgery I can contact by phone quickly (as long as I dont ring at 09.00hrs on a Monday!!. Then a Dr or nurse rings back within a hour or so and if needed I get advice or attention. Im happy I dont have to sit in awaiting room with a lot of ill people as previously. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2021, 18:42   #122
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Watching BBC news now reporting on the NHS situation. Some bits of the NHS are apparently on the very edge with ambulances shown queuing to get patients into hospital. Sadly some patients are reportedly dying in queuing ambulances with some patients having fallen and lain on a floor for twenty hours for an ambulance to arrive for them. Staff are at their wits end and dreading the next few winter months.

Call me old fashioned, but I think I understand the pressing need for vaccination.
You ARE old fashioned.------But you are right there is a great need for vaccination and I think RAYMOND should go for it as he's an old codger and needs all the help he can get.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2021, 19:26   #123
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I expect/hope the Medical staff will just get on with the procedures as per usual Ray, maybe some reference to your preferences but in the greater scheme of things its not something out of their experience. Concentrate of the job in hand and get it done attitude. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2021, 19:39   #124
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The problem is Doctors have got to like not seeing patients and will do everything they can to keep it this way.

Seems Private Eye agrees with you:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Private Eye.jpg (52.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 26th November 2021, 17:49   #125
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Over 50k tested positive today, are we heading for another surge? There’s this new African variant that will hit our shores at some point soon. Not sure what to expect of Xmas.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 18:16   #126
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
There’s this new African variant that will hit our shores at some point soon.
Probably won't be that long, there's a case in Belgium.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 19:37   #127
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Over 50k tested positive today, are we heading for another surge? There’s this new African variant that will hit our shores at some point soon. Not sure what to expect of Xmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new strain went through the population like a dose of salts!!! I was out on the trains & buses yesterday with face mask on & bottle of sanitiser gel in pocket & very few people were wearing face masks on the station or on the train/Bus despite continuous tannoy announcements & notices.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 01:28   #128
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Use of public transport carries more than a risk of Covid and people need to be aware of what came to pass re my venture to use it during the summer of 2019 - just a few months before covid broke wind ... though that doesn't sound quite right, maybe should read before people caught wind of covid.

Anyhow, on an impulse I decided to use the Tyne&Wear metro train to get to an appointment in town. It was a fairly hot summer day and when the train arrived there was a bit of a rush to get on and nab one of the few vacant seats. I was one of the lucky ones to get a seat, or so I thought at the time. However soon after the train moved off I began to feel a bit of a chill down below, down below as in the seat of my pants rather than under the train. My discomfort grew over the few short minutes of the journey into town and when I stood up to get off I turned to look back and noticed a damp patch on the seat. Almost immediately I realised that I was wet underneath and cursed my luck for having sat on a seat which I thought someone had wet themself on.

Little did I realise that my embarrassment would get worse. I still had to attend the appointment for which I sat on a hard plastic chair and when I stood up to leave I was horrified to see a rather noticeable damp patch on it too. Some of the moisture had transferred to it from the seat of my pants but what was I to say? Actually, I said nothing at all. I quickly tucked the chair underneath the desk in front of me and then beat a hasty retreat.

I doubt that my explanation would have been believed, some reading this might have their doubts too. But it is true, honest to God it is true.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 15:14   #129
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
There’s this new African variant that will hit our shores at some point soon.
Its here, one case reported in Essex, one in Nottingham.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 15:41   #130
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I’m afraid to say it, but Xmas might be affected now. The news conference is back later on today, they are obviously worried. We could do with people masking up and social distancing and home working where possible. This would slow down the spread of the virus to hopefully not overwhelm the NHS or take out too many key workers.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote