Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2013, 00:12   #21
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
A few weeks ago some numpty put a mark in my driver door - and yes, he did return to his car with 2 flat tyres - and a little note that the flats were not "just bad luck".

I am aware others may not agree with this - but to each his own.
Yep, I'd do the same in a heartbeat. No need to slash them, just let them all down. No criminal damage, no interest from the fuzz, just a massive inconvenience for the horrid little **** who thought it was funny/acceptable to damage ones property and walk off.

It depends how long you've left the car, and whether or not you've seen the car pull in as you're walking away though, if you've been shopping for hours, you can't really do it, but if you've just nipped to a cash machine, the it's likely they'd get that treatment from me, if you've seen them do it, or park next to the car as you've walked away, thus making them the only culprit, all 4 will get done without question.

Accidents happen, but when they do, own up to it at least. The guys from the North West section are testament that a minor "bump" recently left me massively upset/gutted, caused me no end of hassle and running all over the country, and to top it off, because the lowlife responsible didn't have the balls to own up or stick around, it cost me just short of £1000 to put it right, and it's still not "like for like".

A car park dink, can cost anything from £2 to £500 to put right, depending on the severity and the car etc. I'm always extra careful when opening my door, on the odd occasion I have to park next to someone, it all boils down to respect, and it seems most drivers have zero respect for other peoples property, that they work hard to buy and maintain.

I've taken a few parking tickets in the past 12 months for parking over 2 spaces in a council car park... the parking spaces are literally the size of a car, with no thought as to how one will get out - I'll take a £25 fine every few months any day as opposed to the hassle, cost and anger of having to sort out a car parking dink that some muppet has run away from.

A friends car was hit in a pub car park where she works recently, I may even have a video somewhere of it. The pub allowed access to the CCTV and realised it was one of their elderly regulars. Needless to say, they denied all knowledge of the incident when questioned... the mad thing was, they had the audacity to hit the car, and actually scrape the side of it so hard, they physically moved it on the handbrake... and simply chose another parking spot, and parked up, and went in for a meal!!

Fortunately, a member of the public had seen the incident happen, and caught the registration. So that, plus the CCTV, had them bang to rights... but no, still a denial! In the end, the friend was ~£200 out of pocket (and that was mates rates), but contacted the police, who actually paid a visit to the horrid little scumbags, and revoked the licence of the driver, because they did not feel he was fit to drive - he was in his late 70's. So at least something good came of it, a pair of oxygen thieves with no morals, off the road for good.

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!

Last edited by MattyC; 20th May 2013 at 00:14..
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 09:25   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I think that is a good idea. Should be done to some of the younger generation also from what i have observed.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:30   #23
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Sometimes I am thankful for having a silver car. The marks dont show up and its less of a target for keying. In my neighbourhood almost every black or dark car has keying marks, due to the fact that our road is a route back from the quayside clubs and pubs. They seem to leave the silver ones alone.

I think that if I did get the black V8 I want id have to move.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:29   #24
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Parked my ZT in the local Co-Op car park whilst tapping up the cash machine. Wifey was in car and as I grabbed my cash had that 6th sense moment? Looked round to see wifey out of car speaking to someone who had just parked near to us. Hastened back to see that the passenger had opened her door without a care and left a "nice" silver dink in the driver's door. The other driver's excuse was she had parked within the white lines and walked off.

Now I was still recovering from the hip replacement at the time and needed a very wide open door so I could get in without the risk of dislocating it.

Silver over black isn't half as bad as black over silver x3.

Funny I park the Hippo up and no one parks near it; why is that?
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 21:13   #25
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

I worked for GEFCO the distribution arm of Peugeot/Citroen and we had to park cars that had been delivered to our site, there was a procedure for this all cars were reversed into parking bays with the drivers side wheels just touching the white line and the front of the car level with the front of the box, there was never any issues with getting in and out of cars or damage to them, you still had the odd numpty who couldnt be bothered but it was few and far between. Everybody should be taught to park like this and made to it would stop any problems, but this would be an ideal world !!!
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote