Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th November 2013, 16:49   #141
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
I nearly bought a tl1000 a while back, really fancied a sports v twin, but I was put off by the supposedly dreadful mpg! I ended up going for a zx9r, and loved it, but still have the urge to get a tl, must be the hooligan in me trying to get out! To the folks that have them, are they any good?
I'd say as a bare minimum you'd have to change the rubbish damper on the back. MPG is shocking but only if your on a trackday. I once got 64 miles to a tank at Brands on a boiling hot short circuit day..30mpg is about the norm for a sunday afternoon blat..

I've had bikes since I was 12, now 51 and was a DR in London for 10 of those. Outside of work bikes i've only every owned a couple of models more than once, those being a 350LC and TLS..LC was because I was a hooli and kept crashing them, but the TL I knew i'd made a mistake as soon as it was gone. Took a while to get one again though and blew the box up on that last year so I have decided to go to town on it. Taking my time and getting it just how I want it..

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl...?sort=2&page=1

Have a look also on TLZone & TL Planet for mods & advice

Regards
Steve

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 18:54   #142
bikesnbones
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Connoiseur

[QUOTE=S1mon;1478445]it's clad with Ohlins front and rear suspenders being a Jap market spec. SP version.[QUOTE/]

Not proper Ohlins then.
Made in Japan under license,
If they were the real deal, the bike would've cost a hell of a lot more than it did.
bikesnbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 19:14   #143
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Quote:
I nearly bought a tl1000 a while back, really fancied a sports v twin, but I was put off by the supposedly dreadful mpg! I ended up going for a zx9r, and loved it, but still have the urge to get a tl, must be the hooligan in me trying to get out! To the folks that have them, are they any good?
Not sure anybody should buy a TL for the Mpg..........but only for the Spg...........thats......SMILES PER GALLON.

championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 20:10   #144
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesnbones View Post

Not proper Ohlins then.
Made in Japan under license,
If they were the real deal, the bike would've cost a hell of a lot more than it did.
They are the real deal, when the XJ was built, Yamaha owned a 50% share in Ohlins. Although that's not saying much, Ohlins made some pretty "shocking" oem bike shocks.
Old 10th November 2013, 20:36   #145
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
I'd say as a bare minimum you'd have to change the rubbish damper on the back. MPG is shocking but only if your on a trackday. I once got 64 miles to a tank at Brands on a boiling hot short circuit day..30mpg is about the norm for a sunday afternoon blat..

I've had bikes since I was 12, now 51 and was a DR in London for 10 of those. Outside of work bikes i've only every owned a couple of models more than once, those being a 350LC and TLS..LC was because I was a hooli and kept crashing them, but the TL I knew i'd made a mistake as soon as it was gone. Took a while to get one again though and blew the box up on that last year so I have decided to go to town on it. Taking my time and getting it just how I want it..

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl...?sort=2&page=1

Have a look also on TLZone & TL Planet for mods & advice

Regards
Steve
30mpg!! I used to get 45-50 on my zx9r and that was giving it stick!!
I'll have a look on those sites, I'm still tempted to look at getting one in the spring. I'll make do with a 600 divvy through sinter, don't fancy caning a big twin on the slippery roads round my way!
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 20:58   #146
shoddy owner

mg zt t

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishumphries View Post
Current bikes VFR750FL, VF750C Magna (I like my V4's !), wife has a XV535 Virago.
The VFR is waiting on an insurance payout, A numpty reversed into her in May
thought i had the only magna vf750 1993 model..... very rare... i have had mine 14 years now and love it
shoddy owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 21:05   #147
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Some very nice bikes here guys

I haven't had one for a few years now but my last one was Suzuki sv650, very nice engines those v twins.

I'll dig a PIC out.
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
galaxyclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 21:11   #148
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyclass View Post
Some very nice bikes here guys

I haven't had one for a few years now but my last one was Suzuki sv650, very nice engines those v twins.

I'll dig a PIC out.
As promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00234.jpg (131.9 KB, 5 views)
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
galaxyclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 22:03   #149
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
30mpg!! I used to get 45-50 on my zx9r and that was giving it stick!!
I'll have a look on those sites, I'm still tempted to look at getting one in the spring. I'll make do with a 600 divvy through sinter, don't fancy caning a big twin on the slippery roads round my way!
The only time i've ever got decent mpg was in 2011 when I went to the LeMan motoGP with a couple of mates, should have been ZX6, Fireblade and me on the TL, due to **** ups it was GS500, ER500 (old ones at that) and me on the TL, we were fully loaded with camping gear etc. Hardly went above 70mph and stayed off the motorways. Apart from a couple of blats to relieve the boredom the bike stayed below 4000rpm all the way there and back (on a bike that redlines @ 10500)..I managed to do 164 miles before the fuel light but it was sooooo boring. usually it's 100-110 to light..and a lot more fun

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 22:11   #150
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

1999 Triumph Speed Triple in Black
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote