Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th October 2018, 09:12   #41
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Sometimes circumstances change too. That's why I am doing the sensible thing and going down to one.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 09:41   #42
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Coming from Chester, the guy would have had a round trip of about 170 miles (allowing for any possible traffic delays, etc. this could take maybe 3.5 - 4 hours of his time) so it's not unreasonable that he was asking plenty of questions. After all, that's the benefit nowadays of having fast, electronic communication !

As I've tried to explain, customers will often ask unusual or unexpected questions of a seller, the reason for which will not always be immediately clear, but they will have their reason (as mentioned, he may have been given incorrect info previously and is simply trying to get honest & accurate answers before travelling).

But whatever stance you take, with only a single enquiry in a week on the car, it might be worth taking a more accomodating view towards any future enquirers (try to see the sale from their side) and hopefully it'll soon be 'flying off the forecourt'...

And don't expect that increasing the price will stop people haggling I've had 14 years experience of selling new and used Rovers and everyone wants to feel they've had a good deal
Old 28th October 2018, 10:16   #43
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

Absolute bargain, so very tempted but I need an estate car for the wife's electric wheelchair
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:00   #44
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazmo65 View Post
Absolute bargain, so very tempted but I need an estate car for the wife's electric wheelchair

Me too, very tempted, when it first came up for sale thought wow!

Hesitated a bit because of the mileage 124, 000. Not saying its old and tired, can tell its been loved, but if I was to sell it later( Big IF), would that put people off...…….still very tempted, surprised it hasn't sold.

Steve.
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:09   #45
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels View Post
Me too, very tempted, when it first came up for sale thought wow!

Hesitated a bit because of the mileage 124, 000. Not saying its old and tired, can tell its been loved, but if I was to sell it later( Big IF), would that put people off...…….still very tempted, surprised it hasn't sold.

Steve.
On cars like this it’s the condition and how it’s been looked after rather than mileage covered
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2018, 05:51   #46
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

I had a guy come to buy a car I was selling for my son, a low miles hyundia accent with 11 months ticket on it. he turned up and started picking faults with it even though the advert had listed everything. we went for a test drive and he moaned that the clutch was slipping and would soon need replacing and offered £100 .at this point I told him to go forth and multiply as the car was an auto and I was only asking £250 with full history. you may also get the guys who want to drive up to see it but `you will have to pay my petrol`. its one of the bad things about selling cars. on a positive note a man and his wife came the next day, had a drive and loved the car and never haggled, paid what I asked and it`s still on the road now.. please don`t let them get to you.
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2018, 06:05   #47
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

The person people said I should pander to wasted two more days telling me he was coming on Friday at 1.45 needed picking up - and guess what? My original appraisal that he was a timewaster was correct. Another didnt want it as it didnt have bluetooth, another wanted me to take it to Rotherham. Not one person gave it a chance and came to actually view. Well its gone now. Their loss.
Old 5th November 2018, 06:21   #48
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

yes that's another one I hate, saying they will be there and you spend the day waiting and no one shows and not even an apology or a call to say they`ve had second thoughts..
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2018, 06:32   #49
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

He did tell me he wasnt coming in the end, but why oh why lead me on yet again? After all the questions he had to have known he didnt want it before lol!
Old 5th November 2018, 07:51   #50
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
He did tell me he wasnt coming in the end, but why oh why lead me on yet again? After all the questions he had to have known he didnt want it before lol!
Because as@@les walk among us
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote