Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th July 2021, 22:17   #101
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I've driven a couple of jaguar i-pace at work Rick, one for around 30 mile and they are a nice car and quick as you say but for a starting price of around £65k, no thanks. the interior though nicely made is quite bland for a jaguar and the drive seems boring without a soundtrack.
The problem with electric cars at the moment is they are charging over the top prices for the early stages of R&D. we have 6 Renault Zoe electric courtesy cars at work and they are nippy little cars for driving around locally in but again at a £28k starting price.
Sorry but if I'm spending that amount of money on a car I ain't buying new and definitely not on a vehicle that couldn't get me half way down the country and back without having to stop for a couple of hours to recharge.
In Australia we are going down the hydrogen path as ev cars just are not practical for the vast distances between towns and the recharging times add alot to any long trip.
Theres alot of money being poured into green amonia production here.
Basically using green energy to produce hydrogen . Can run existing coal and gas powered power stations on it, existing combustion engines as well.
600km from a tank, 2 minutes to fill up , all pretty much emissions free.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2021, 17:25   #102
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
In Australia we are going down the hydrogen path as ev cars just are not practical for the vast distances between towns and the recharging times add alot to any long trip.
Theres alot of money being poured into green amonia production here.
Basically using green energy to produce hydrogen . Can run existing coal and gas powered power stations on it, existing combustion engines as well.
600km from a tank, 2 minutes to fill up , all pretty much emissions free.
Yes, I expect Africa may have to go down this route as well (either that or use clockwork).

However, how are they going about to minimise the "Hindenburg effect".

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote