Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th August 2021, 13:39   #11
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
In hundreds of years of revolutions and continuing deep unrest in the region the Taliban have succeeded in maintaining their grip on a medieval State.
The Taliban is the creature of Pakistan and no terrorist organisation has been defeated if they have access to sanctuary (i.e. Pakistan).

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2021, 16:26   #12
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Altruistically, the concept of gaining some influence internationally by making friends is a worthwhile pursuit. There is no doubt that it is originally an accepted and mutually beneficial practice born of genuine goodwill. Unfortunately when the impostor of religious or tribal fanaticism rears its ugly head, all else crumbles.
Old 17th August 2021, 10:25   #13
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

The FOD alerts must have been terrifying for those pilots! The extractions should have been weeks ago. We all knew that the "trainees" would fold very quickly. So sad.
Old 17th August 2021, 10:47   #14
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

America has largely become degenerate.
Things are happening there that would not have been possible 50 years ago.
It has all of the fittings of the collapse of Rome, including fake elections, money printing and a mentally deficient leadership.

The collapse of the current order is happening all around us and is staring us in the face.

And there is not a damned thing we can do about it, apart from lamenting what we have already lost and what we are still about to lose.

It is real life theater.
Old 18th August 2021, 11:28   #15
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
You are there because mainly of one individual. Tony Blair.
He made the bed and you now have to lie in it.
Maybe someone should take him to task.?
Talking about being slow to learn. They beat the carp out of you in the 19th century, and you went back for more.

Some dogs are better left sleeping.
Agreed, Blair was once described as Bush's poodle and he failed to learn from history. The Afgans almost wiped out a British army in the 19th century and in Afganistan Russia suffered it's own Vietnam in the 20th century.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 14:10   #16
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Hi,

Watched the Parlimentary statement/debate this morning (18/08) and everyone was giving it the "must help" scenario - "look at me" virtual signalling. No-one mentioned, or asked, what impact 30,000+ islamists with no democracy understanding or leanings will have on local communities. The Syrian and Afghan influx since 2001 has resulted in a number of serial rapes (not against daughters of MP's mind), petty crime and drug dealing and taking! No doubt this next 30k+ will not need the services of the NHS, will not need housing, not need to go into the black economy and will not need all the literature produced to be in Pushtun. It should be a laugh to watch programmes with multi-sub-titles. ;-)

Kev
Old 18th August 2021, 14:27   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Hi,

Watched the Parlimentary statement/debate this morning (18/08) and everyone was giving it the "must help" scenario - "look at me" virtual signalling. No-one mentioned, or asked, what impact 30,000+ islamists with no democracy understanding or leanings will have on local communities. The Syrian and Afghan influx since 2001 has resulted in a number of serial rapes (not against daughters of MP's mind), petty crime and drug dealing and taking! No doubt this next 30k+ will not need the services of the NHS, will not need housing, not need to go into the black economy and will not need all the literature produced to be in Pushtun. It should be a laugh to watch programmes with multi-sub-titles. ;-)

Kev

Apparently 70,000 Jews came to the UK by the start of WWII and another 10,000 during the war.
Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...ng%20the%20war.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 17:03   #18
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Apparently 70,000 Jews came to the UK by the start of WWII and another 10,000 during the war.
Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...ng%20the%20war.

macafee2
Yeah, many were the Kindergarten and non of them were the east european "dirty" impoverished Jew without education or means. The majority were from the professional class will always be able to integrate better and more quickly. Mind you, amongst those 30k + are those that siphoned all that aid money, so at least some will be bringing skills to these Isles. The vast corruption, nepotism and ignoring local war lords was a receipe for disaster. Let's just say we both have3 a different take on the issue!

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 18th August 2021 at 19:34.. Reason: Keyboard failure mid-draft
Old 18th August 2021, 19:21   #19
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I watched some of the debate? in the HofC today, it was on in the restaurant where I ate my dinner. The dinner cost £19.60p and that would have covered the mind numbing stupidity and ignorant self serving opinions of most of the speakers, (and some of them had notes to speak from)!!!! Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 20:22   #20
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I watched it too. Not many of them have an intellect other than that which a parrot has.