Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2021, 08:03   #21
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Skills/training. On the old days employers looked after themslves with in-house or careful training encouragement, now they expect others to do it so they can pick and choose from the staff market.

As for the CBI/Mckinsey, management consultants always listen to what the clients are worried about and surprise surprise, their reports highlight their worries!

Client happy and feel justified, consultant happy and get paid huge fees.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2021, 08:49   #22
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Jaguars 'Reimagine' announcement for it's future plans have said it's transition to full electric by 2025 will be a pure luxury electric brand and they're planning a new 800-volt scalable skateboard platform.
https://www.electrive.com/2021/03/03...t-ev-platform/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2021, 19:23   #23
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Ouch! JLR facing £90million emissions fine for failing to meet it's CO2 reduction targets. https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/jl...ine-in-europe/
So, how did VAG dodge the bullit? German influence maybe?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 00:12   #24
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Cars these days are built with bits from all over the world.
My jeep grand cherokee has a diesel engine from Fiat, door hinges from Canada and no doubt a bunch of plastic bits from China!!
In the end, its all about cost and quality balance and i guess if they didnt do this they would be out of business and end up like MGR.
These days all you need to do is make one bad model production selection and there out of business, that is of course unless your a chinese brand in which case the govt is a half owner and will bank roll you unit you make it profitable.

Last edited by genpk; 20th August 2021 at 00:14..
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 08:53   #25
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
So, how did VAG dodge the bullit? German influence maybe?

Kev

No they didn't dodge the bullet for missing their CO2 limits, They reduced their emission limits drastically by doing deals with several manufacturers including MG/SAIC amongst others to help it hit it's target.
Quite a few companies did the same to pool their fleet average emission limits to get them down.

VW got as many id3's out before the end of the year (before the software was ready) & Audi did likewise with the e-tron.
There is a piece in this report. https://iaaf.co.uk/news/volkswagen-g...20-co2-target/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 12:18   #26
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

I could, but really, do I need more oomph? To be honest, the amount of driving I do since retirement doesn't make it worthwhile. Looking back, my 1st car was a Mk2 Ford Consul. 1703cc, column change 3 speed manual, top speed 75mph and 0-60mph in 29 seconds. My next car, a Mk3 2553cc straight 6 Ford Zodiac was a flyer by comparison. 0-60mph in 13.1 seconds and a top speed of 103mph through a 4 speed column change manual box.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 12:34   #27
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Either there is a problem with your car, or, my car is not just 131 BHP, or, your driving is of a unnecessarily fast pace.

If my CDTi is just that, I see no reason for needing, not the same as wanting, more power unless the caravan is on the back.

macafee2
An unnecessarily judgemental comment! Firstly, there is nowt wrong with my car, it is mechanically very sound. Secondly as an advanced driver since 1989,a qualified PCV instructor with C&G and higher level NVQ driving and training qualifications, I like to think that I've maintained and improved my skills and knowledge in 50 years car driving, 45 years bus driving, 36 years as a motorcyclist, 34 years as a PCV instructor (approx 75% pass rate) and including 5 years plus training bus drivers for their advanced driving test, (100% pass rate). As an aside, I was the first C&G candidate to score 100% in the theoretical exams which included the Highway code, Road Traffic legislation and mechanical principals.
Having a higher performance car does not mean driving like a lunatic with foot flat to the metal, it means using performance when safe and legal to do so.

Last edited by polinsteve; 20th August 2021 at 12:38..
Old 20th August 2021, 15:37   #28
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Default Poor value

Having deserted Rover a few years back, I went for Jaguars, S and X type. Reliability and build quality were both very poor, hence back to a 75.