Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th August 2021, 08:24   #1
spirit6060
Regular poster

MG ZTT

Default Warning - YODEL couriers

A word of warning to those sending parcels. DO NOT send use YODEL. I sold an item on EBay for £200 and it was sent by Yodel. Although I paid for next day delivery, the parcel never arrived. The tracking showed the parcel to be in Leamington and then two days the parcel and its tracking disappeared. The EBay buyer has ordered a charge back which I can’t dispute. Now I have the task of trying to sort out an insurance claim. Looking at reviews on internet, there is no chance of that happening. Do yourselves a favour, if you are sending a parcel – DO NOT USE YODEL, EVER !!!! Tell your friends as well.
spirit6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2021, 19:51   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit6060 View Post
I sold an item on EBay for £200 and it was sent by Yodel ... the parcel never arrived. The tracking showed the parcel to be in Leamington and then two days the parcel and its tracking disappeared.
A similar thing happened to me with Collect+, a company which I believe was bought by Yodel! I reported it lost via the intermediary (Parcel2Go) and eventually they found it. So if this is a recent event I'd advise delaying an insurance claim until you've given Yodel the time to locate the parcel. With a tracking system they should be able to do this.

Simon
Old 29th August 2021, 07:40   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I bet every delivery company loses and damages parcels.
If you get your costs back then "all is fine" but it is when you cannot recover costs that it leaves a bitter tastes in the mouth

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2021, 07:49   #4
spirit6060
Regular poster

MG ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
A similar thing happened to me with Collect+, a company which I believe was bought by Yodel! I reported it lost via the intermediary (Parcel2Go) and eventually they found it. So if this is a recent event I'd advise delaying an insurance claim until you've given Yodel the time to locate the parcel. With a tracking system they should be able to do this.

Simon
The trouble with Yodel is that you can't speak to anyone. It's all webchat It was sent last Saturday and by Tuesday the tracking number was 'not recognised'. I did use Parcel2go so your comment gives me hope. Paypal have already reimbursed the buyer so I daren't leave it any longer. Yodel and P2g are closed over the weekend with 'normal service' resuming on Tuesday.
spirit6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2021, 12:32   #5
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

For valuable items I normally use parcelforce.
Any delivery company can have issues and things do go wrong from time to time but yodel and Hermes seem to have the worst reputation going for couriers. Many stories online of valuable items going missing chase it up as soon as possible, I had an valuable item go missing a while ago and chased it up quickly all of a sudden the item reappears. It made me wonder if a worker fancies what it is they hide it and see if anyone comes looking for it, if they do it reappears and of not it disappears. I’m probably wrong but that’s my thoughts.

Whilst we’re discussing courier I’ve been advised that the royal mail can’t delivery my parcel next year yes that’s correct next year as custom duties haven’t been paid. Clearly a fishing email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29th August 2021, 12:40   #6
Zepher

Rover

Default Some folk spew NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I bet every delivery company loses and damages parcels.
If you get your costs back then "all is fine" but it is when you cannot recover costs that it leaves a bitter tastes in the mouth

macafee2
Your posting is not reflective of the majority of couriers.

Clearly you have never worked in the industry.

With some parcels, labels are not affixed correctly and/or have the wrong address .

I wonder how many of the list parcels ever had return addresses on...

It's a market economy - don't like 1 company , use another. Maybe you saved 10p on the sending costs by using unscrupulous couriers - who knows!
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2021, 13:44   #7
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Personally I have no evidence of any of the problems noted. We have done quite a bit of trading on the usual '....bays over the years (antiques and objects' d'ar) and always used Parcelforce because of a sub post office within 200 yards and with never any problems. Of course the postage is within the offered price so 'postage included'.
Old 29th August 2021, 18:58   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Your posting is not reflective of the majority of couriers.

Clearly you have never worked in the industry.

With some parcels, labels are not affixed correctly and/or have the wrong address .

I wonder how many of the list parcels ever had return addresses on...

It's a market economy - don't like 1 company , use another. Maybe you saved 10p on the sending costs by using unscrupulous couriers - who knows!

which part is not reflective of the majority of couriers?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote