Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd October 2021, 16:11   #11
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Talking with a women this afternoon, she said she would be more wary of a single male police officer following the abduction rape and murder of Sarah Everard.

I was shocked by this. I can see many instances where I would have expected her to be more scared.

Has Wayne Couzens really made people scared of the police?

I got this from the following web site
https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-inform...xual-violence/

"Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men (aged 16 - 59) experience rape, attempted rape or sexual assault by penetration in England and Wales alone every year; that's roughly 11 of the most serious sexual offences (of adults alone) every hour."

I would have thought those figures would be enough to make women fear men in general.

macafee2
These statistics make very grim reading, and it should send alarm bells ringing in the corridors of power, and policing.
We should all be worried.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:16   #12
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
You can't punish someone if they are dead - perhaps the US 'SuperMax' jails are a concept worth considering for the very worst offenders

I would have thought execution a pretty severe punishment,only bettered if preceded by a spell on death row.He should be made to experience the sheer terror that he put that poor lady through.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:44   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I'm surprised nobody else commented on the other thread "Good News" despite nearly 160 views.I stand by what I said,I would have made the death penalty available to the jury in his case.
I would bet, that if the death penalty was available to the judge/jury, it would likely have had to have been rescinded due to health and safety laws.

That said, with whole.life tariffs, I dont see the point of maintaining a life at the expense of the tax payer. But again, I am conflicted in that for the perpetrator to receive the death penalty, it is essentially the same as murder (causing the premeditated death of another). It is the same reason I am.opposed to war. But equally, I do not have a solution/alternative to either.

I do not think him and some others should be permitted to breathe, let alone walk the streets ever again.

Torture, til death could be a possibility, as death would not be the ultimate aim, vengeance with a deterrent factor to others, but if it happened, meh perhaps simply locked up into a room without food or water? would that create a deterrent for at least some of those potential.murderers of the future?

With whole.life tariffs, punishments are not punishments (nor is the death penalty either). A punishment, suggests a possibility of corrective behaviour, and therefore the potential for release to do better in the future. Therefore a whole life tariff, needs to be a deterrent, rather than a punishment.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 17:25   #14
kuga3

kuga

quote "My daughter was for a time attached to the police. She left, disgusted at what was considered acceptable behaviour. Not by all, but toleration becomes condoning and then acceptable is not far behind for fear of your colleagues shunning you. I don’t think Cressida D. has the cohones." My daughter also, as a work experience Socco she was disgusted at the attitude towards female officers of lower rank !
kuga3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:04   #15
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
You can't punish someone if they are dead - perhaps the US 'SuperMax' jails are a concept worth considering for the very worst offenders.

SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN APPOINTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

She was in charge of a chaotic control room in an operation that led to an innocent man being gunned down in public on a tube train.

And yet no-one was found to be responsible. Cressida Dick was the Gold Commander, and she ended up be being promoted and rewarded. Unbelievable.

(Sorry to digress).
I’ve never understood how she got promoted after that totally avoidable disaster.
Glad I’m not the only one.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:57   #16
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
You can't punish someone if they are dead - perhaps the US 'SuperMax' jails are a concept worth considering for the very worst offenders.

SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN APPOINTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

She was in charge of a chaotic control room in an operation that led to an innocent man being gunned down in public on a tube train.

And yet no-one was found to be responsible. Cressida Dick was the Gold Commander, and she ended up be being promoted and rewarded. Unbelievable.

(Sorry to digress).

A spell in black dolphin is what he needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:16   #17
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

"Quote"-----I don’t think Cressida D. has the cohones.

Well she, despite her name(Dick) is a she, So no Cohones

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:14   #18
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The term was meant as a metaphor and which some of us might consider misogynistic, which I am not. To put another way, the lady is hopelessly inadequate for the job she was given. If the appointment had been made in any other hierarchy or it had been a man, she would have been gone long ago. The appointment procedure is a farce.

The failures are widespread apparently. We hear now the Phillip Allot, the North Yorks. Chief Officer of Fire, Police, and Crime Commissioner is being investigated following demands for his resignation. They are political appointments rather than merit based. No wonder not all bobbies are angels. I hope I am still on topic.
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:39   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The term was meant as a metaphor and which some of us might consider misogynistic, which I am not. To put another way, the lady is hopelessly inadequate for the job she was given. If the appointment had been made in any other hierarchy or it had been a man, she would have been gone long ago. The appointment procedure is a farce.

The failures are widespread apparently. We hear now the Phillip Allot, the North Yorks. Chief Officer of Fire, Police, and Crime Commissioner is being investigated following demands for his resignation. They are political appointments rather than merit based. No wonder not all bobbies are angels. I hope I am still on topic.
not really

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2021, 18:52   #20
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Default Cressida Dick.

But, but, but.........it’s ok because she is already quoted as saying, “Lessons will be learned” The usual claptrap quoted when anything like this happens.
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote