Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd October 2021, 22:41   #162021
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Steve, its good to hear you have been putting on the heating when needed and thank you very much for explaining about getting the system cleaned and flushed. You must saved yourself a small fortune doing the work yourself ......

The engineer visited from Gas Plus and said it is a faulty blender valve. After he left, his firm emailed us with a written quote for a replacement valve at £300 inclusive of call out and installation costs. We rang them back and said to go ahead, order the part and set a date for the installation next week. Until then, no heating and no hot water, so we are wearing our winter woolies. Its not too bad as we are on the top floor, 4 floors up and the flat has good insulation.

How are you keeping?
Hi Phil and thanks for asking about me. Hope all goes well for you with your heating and hot water and indeed with your good self. I'm generally fine and in rude health though I've acquired some flu-like symptoms since Friday. I will have to look up on precautions to take given the covid situation but I'm double jabbed so not really expecting anything serious. I'm well overdue a seasonal cold so hoping it might just be that. The need to isolate won't be a problem, I can keep myself busy by making up another lead as a spare for a T300 car diagnostic/key programmer which I bought a while back. I might get around to sorting a spare fob for my Rover 25 with it soon, just need to repair the pcb that I have for the job first. The button-cell battery cage was broken and my searches for a new replacement cage of the correct type all drew a blank. So I made a repair to the cage and it just needs soldering to the pcb but I would really prefer another fob without any damage to the pcb.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 06:22   #162022
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Bright and sunny this morning but chilly with it. Rain is forecasted to join us today.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 06:34   #162023
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning everyone.

Bright and sunny this morning but chilly with it. Rain is forecasted to join us today.
Morning Bob, morning all.

Cloudy but dry here.

Off to work in Braintree this morning then up to the boat after.........That means it won't stay dry then
Old 4th October 2021, 08:28   #162024
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Cloudy & damp here with the wet stuff forecast for later this morning.
Bread making day today & still trying out gluten free recipes for our daughter, It took six eggs to get two egg whites this morning ....clumsy get.

The Soft brown bread recipe I use for us is bootiful

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 08:48   #162025
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning, dry, bright but cool here.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 09:04   #162026
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

It was wearing heavy earlier when it was reading insest earlier on.
Old 4th October 2021, 09:53   #162027
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all and esteemed visitors

Morning Richard, its great to see you posting. Have the repairs to your head been completed or is it still to be done?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 12:08   #162028
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I was surprised to see three steam locos on the journey to/from Devon. Tornado was sitting outside the NRM at York and two (Bahamas and Mayflower) arrived on a train at Exeter.

What I always find disappointing when I'm on my travels is how few freight trains there are around, nearly 800 miles in total and only saw three or four freight trains

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 13:20   #162029
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I was surprised to see three steam locos on the journey to/from Devon. Tornado was sitting outside the NRM at York and two (Bahamas and Mayflower) arrived on a train at Exeter.

What I always find disappointing when I'm on my travels is how few freight trains there are around, nearly 800 miles in total and only saw three or four freight trains

That Bahamas class is a rare beast indeed. There's a chap that posts freight trains around Stockport/Trafford park mostly class 66's on youtube. I never see any on the branch line next to me but they do use it at night times.

Baking day making bread (smells bootiful in here) & making some pasta bakes for tea tonight.
I managed to get the Dahlias tubers out of their big tubs now the plants have died off, I'm dry storing them for Winter & separating them as they've got way too big for the tubs.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 13:26   #162030
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post

Hi Steve, for your holiday to Devon, did you go all the way from Scotland by train? If so, was there catering on the train or did take your own food?

We have been invited to visit North Wales, it’s 4 and half hour drive or 8 hours by train from Bristol with several changes, but what with the fuel supply problems, we are going to leave it. There is an issue with our loaned Audi - the fuel gauge and speedo do not work, so I don’t like driving very far.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote