Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th October 2021, 09:13   #162111
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Well it is going to be 22/10 when I leave the hospital finish heavy , been there for finally just 2 more weeks.
Still not now when I'm going to get my hit by head to be replayed, at the new hospital and v
when it will help me get to work again.Non one knows when I will find who will let me.
Old 11th October 2021, 12:49   #162112
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Well it is going to be 22/10 when I leave the hospital finish heavy , been there for finally just 2 more weeks.
Still not now when I'm going to get my hit by head to be replayed, at the new hospital and v
when it will help me get to work again.Non one knows when I will find who will let me.
Hi Richard, hi everyone

Thank you Richard for the update. How is your walking, are you able to get around?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2021, 13:01   #162113
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Friday lunchtime I met up with my younger brother and we went to the pub for a pub lunch. I had mixed omelette, peas and chips, tasted lovely but Friday night and on Saturday, I was sick as a dog, throwing up. Today I am improved, less nausea. I did read there is a bug going round? I have got to be well by next weekend, as we are driving to London and staying with friends in Wembley.
Old 11th October 2021, 17:36   #162114
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Friday lunchtime I met up with my younger brother and we went to the pub for a pub lunch. I had mixed omelette, peas and chips, tasted lovely but Friday night and on Saturday, I was sick as a dog, throwing up. Today I am improved, less nausea. I did read there is a bug going round? I have got to be well by next weekend, as we are driving to London and staying with friends in Wembley.
Not an Edwina Curry egg type of bad I hope
Old 11th October 2021, 20:07   #162115
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I hope you fine body of gentlemen do not mind us peasants looking in on this part of the forum occasionally. Although not a a part of the brotherhood, nor has one been sponsored or been through the initiation ceremony, one feels that one meets the basic membership criteria - I can do a funny handshake!

We even talk a little posh these days.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2021, 20:09   #162116
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You have already passed the initiation Maninder.. You provided me with tea and biscuites
Old 11th October 2021, 20:56   #162117
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I hope you fine body of gentlemen do not mind us peasants looking in on this part of the forum occasionally. Although not a a part of the brotherhood, nor has one been sponsored or been through the initiation ceremony, one feels that one meets the basic membership criteria - I can do a funny handshake!

We even talk a little posh these days.
Ha ha! Ah ha! ...the handshake, welcome Maninder, the ability to discuss the weather, food is most popular, hopefully not too mundane. Much to the horrors of some, we don't chat about politics...manure is a safe subject

Talking about the brotherhood, Jeff has in the past invited me to a men only charity dinner which has been going since WW2. It has a fascinating history and its not the masons, but its famous for its good works in the community. Perhaps he will step up and tell you some more. Interestingly, the menu for the dinner has not changed since the war and the main course includes mash and lots of sprouts!
Old 11th October 2021, 21:09   #162118
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Ha ha! Ah ha! ...the handshake, welcome Maninder, the ability to discuss the weather, food is most popular, hopefully not too mundane. Much to the horrors of some, we don't chat about politics...manure is a safe subject

Talking about the brotherhood, Jeff has in the past invited me to a men only charity dinner which has been going since WW2. It has a fascinating history and its not the masons, but its famous for its good works in the community. Perhaps he will step up and tell you some more. Interestingly, the menu for the dinner has not changed since the war and the main course includes mash and lots of sprouts!
……And a great evening was had Phil
Don’t forget the ‘Chill out Zones’ Founding Father Mr Leyland Worldmaster aka Stu has also frequented the ‘Fellows Society’ dinner club .
I’ll post up the history of the ‘Fellows Society’ later as it’s way past my bedtime now .

Welcome to the madhouse Maninder
Old 11th October 2021, 22:43   #162119
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Do this society's members dance naked around a fire in the middle of a field at night?

If so, I think I might have seen the group during their leisure time!

How are you Phil?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2021, 01:08   #162120
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

The talk of formal dining in prompted me to google for the mentioned society but nothing likely seemed to crop up. Could it be "The Oddfellows" which is a near one which did crop up. If it is a bow-tie-do are clip ons permitted or are they regarded as infra dignitatem. Even a simple mistake could be costly if a breach of etiquette demands a forfeiture - like a round of drinks.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote