Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th October 2021, 12:46   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post

they get richer we get enslaved,..................!

If you feel like that, one could argue that it has always been like that and will always be like that. This is the way of the world. Why not make the most of the being an underdog and a deprived peasant?

Look at me - born a peasant, will always be a peasant, yet grateful for the life that I have as a peasant.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 19:36   #22
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

If electric prices carry on going up I'll have to turn our field into a solar farm and sell electric to the rest of the village

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 20:31   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
If electric prices carry on going up I'll have to turn our field into a solar farm and sell electric to the rest of the village

macafee2

You have a field?

How posh!

I am surprised that you still mix with us peasants Ian. Or perhaps it is just so that you can look down at us peasants?

Last edited by MSS; 11th October 2021 at 07:04..
Old 11th October 2021, 15:44   #24
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
You have a field?

How posh!

I am surprised that you still mix with us peasants Ian. Or perhaps it is just so that you can look down at us peasants?
I would be disappointed if anyone would think I'd look down on them, I bleed red just like everyone else. The difference is selling a small to medium sized property in the New Forest and buying in the East Midlands, you get so much more for your money up Norf (North).

macafee2
Old 12th October 2021, 14:05   #25
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

[QUOTE=edwardmk;2903054 While I don't agree with their methods, 'Insulate Britain' are right about it being one of the most useful things we could all do.

[/QUOTE]
Many, if not all, governments since Harold Wilson & Ted Heath have offered subsidised forms of insulation. With this in mind I cannot think why the whole housing base is not sufficiently insulated (actually, I can. I £100m is available and 10,000 applicants use the subsidy then for the 10,001 applicant "it's tough luck".

Another puzzlement is why a couple of documentary shows/investigations has highlighted the lack of insulation in new home builds, even though mandated by law. Not enough oversight and subsequent sanctions but hey, a lot of people keep their jobs.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2021, 17:31   #26
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Ah the costs for new green revolution.

The slightest whiff of a price increase or scarcity and the world will go mad. We cannot just turn off oil and gas overnight unless you want anarchy.

Have you heard HMG’s latest proposals to apply an additional green levy for gas, about to be rushed through to coincide with the COP26 love fest of the great green deluded.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...ures-bfft8kv2w

HMG has pushed the oil and gas industry to the brink, leaving companies to abandon gas storage wells, and trying to shut the industry down in favour of windmills and solar. Isn’t it ironic that neither of these green products would not exist without it, even serious amounts of coal is required for manufacture solar panels. How green is that?
Ah.. Anarchy in the UK, yes I can see that happening... NOT, I am sorry to sound somewhat sarcastic however nothing short of a full blown revolution will ever change anything for ordinary people in the UK, and the country just isn't set up for that.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2021, 19:44   #27
MSS
This is my second home

A revolution?

That is not the British way.

It is much more fulfilling to constantly whinge about everything under the sun and then panic and join the queue.

Then whinge about the length of queue and the price of the item which was not really needed but for which queued up anyway!

Old 12th October 2021, 19:47   #28
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I would be disappointed if anyone would think I'd look down on them, I bleed red just like everyone else. The difference is selling a small to medium sized property in the New Forest and buying in the East Midlands, you get so much more for your money up Norf (North).

macafee2

You could have gone a bit further up norf to Scotland and bought a castle with around 100 acres for the same money.
Old 12th October 2021, 22:51   #29
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
You could have gone a bit further up norf to Scotland and bought a castle with around 100 acres for the same money.
shhh keep it to yourself 🤫
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2021, 07:41   #30
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Got enough trouble managing a field let alone 100 acres. We are lucky, a local guy has some sheep and they keep the grass down, he has also topped the field a couple of times to get the Doc leaves down. He paid a chap to cut the hedges, verge and ditch sides on two sides of the field, made a good job of it. As for rent, managing the doc leaves and hedges is the rent.

We could make money if we had rented the field to horse owners but we don't want them with horse boxes on our drive.

opps digressing, stay on topic

macafee2