Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd December 2011, 19:15   #1
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Default So depressed

As most of you know by now the garage andy and myself run has now closed. I have taken another job on driving 7.5 tonne fridge lorrys. I start at stupid o'clock in the morning, never know where you're going the next shift, what time you will start work, have to sit and wait for a phone call at anytime to just drop everything and go to work.

Xmas is nearly here, I have my two boys that have already been through hell to support, a wife that is ready to give birth anytime after xmas, no money, cant sleep because of these stupid hours I'm now working and worrying about everything.

what a time this has all come, just feel so down and depressed.
I'm not a bad lad and I do work hard and try to help people, but why does life have to be so horrible and such a battle for some people?
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:39   #2
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwh74 View Post
As most of you know by now the garage andy and myself run has now closed. I have taken another job on driving 7.5 tonne fridge lorrys. I start at stupid o'clock in the morning, never know where you're going the next shift, what time you will start work, have to sit and wait for a phone call at anytime to just drop everything and go to work.

Xmas is nearly here, I have my two boys that have already been through hell to support, a wife that is ready to give birth anytime after xmas, no money, cant sleep because of these stupid hours I'm now working and worrying about everything.

what a time this has all come, just feel so down and depressed.
I'm not a bad lad and I do work hard and try to help people, but why does life have to be so horrible and such a battle for some people?
I wish I could answer that for you but I cannot, things always seem worse this time of year, this is just a blip in your lifetime, things will improve, especially if no matter how hard things are you keep battling away, dont give up mate!
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:43   #3
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Hey John. Having met you and your dear lady a number of times I know that you are definitely one of the 'good guys' in this world.....and one of the nicest people I have met. These things happen...not because of owt you have done or not done, they just do, sadly! That said, you need to keep it all in perspective. For the time being you have employment....it'll probably turn out to be one of those less than pleasant 'fill-in' jobs till summat better comes along...but summat better will indeed come along! So, hard as it may seem right now, take it a day at a time and look forward to Christmas and the new little one.....and if you want a chat you know where I am matey.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:44   #4
RoryRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi tourer

Hi John

We live in a world where bad things happen to good people. I know a lot of people on this forum care deeply for you and I promise you - things will get better.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:47   #5
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
this is just a blip in your lifetime, things will improve, especially if no matter how hard things are you keep battling away, dont give up mate!
Well said.

John, as someone who has had sleep problems (and depression) in the past I'd advise you to try and get more sleep (easier said than done I know). Insomnia really messes with your head. Most sleeping pills carry the risk of leaving you drowsy or irritable, but there are plenty of herbal sleep remedies out there. 'Sleepytime' tea is good, and lavender on the pillow (smells dubious but it is definitely relaxing).

Hope things pick up for you soon.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:52   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi John,

I can't imagine what you are feeling right now or are going through.
I have had a really bad year myself but this is about you and not me.

I wish there was a magic answer which I could pull out of my hat to make you feel better.

One thing is certain and that is that you have mates in the club who are all rooting for you.

Do look after yourself and if it feels really bad get along and see your Doctor.
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:20   #7
3stripes
Avid contributor

1,8 saloon & 1.8t saloon

unfortunately at the present time there,s probably a few thousand people could tell a very similar story and way things are who knows when times will get better, but at end of day you have family etc to think of to keep you going and it,s things like that keep most of us going. but as a thot, there,s always somebody worse off somewhere. so till times do get better we all just got to grin and bare it
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:35   #8
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Hi john , i met you at ELVINGTON and your a strong character so knuckle down and just remember that life can be and IS tough sometimes .

For your new wife and for your children stay strong , this time next year it will all be a distant memory .

Chin up bigman .
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:36   #9
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

John you are a great guy,one of the best.Things seem hard at the moment but as I'm sure as we have discussed things will definitely get better.

You have done me a few favours in the past and if you need me to repay you with one,you know where I am.

Going to miss the belly busters and swivelling in Andy's chair though..

Best wishes to yourself and Amy and see you soon.
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:58   #10
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Hope things improve for you John. My brother going through a rough time at the moment, decent bloke etc.
Jay