Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2012, 11:28   #31
Spandon

MG ZT-T+

B&G are actually charging a fair bit more than and dont appear to stock the red one (for diesels).....
ebay still looking cheapest P/N PFF63-610
Spandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 17:26   #32
SteveWaller
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti Contemporary SE

Just fitted the red bush to my CDTi and very happy with it. The original bush wasnt bad, just a tiny split after 98,000 miles (probably gets an easier time with an auto box) but the engine feels smoother with the Powerflex eplacement and the gear change on the auto feels smoother (probably because there is less engine movement). Pushed out the old bush easily enough in my vice with a bit of heat and the new one is dead easy to insert. Still a bit of vibration at idle but no worse than it was with the original bush.
SteveWaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 02:44   #33
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rover Man View Post
Thanks for the link. My bush is just starting to crack in the middle, so I've bought one.
Will you please stop discussing you private parts on here I'm NOT interested I tell you ! !
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 02:53   #34
crofts

Default Lower large, engine mount bush - Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandon View Post
B&G are actually charging a fair bit more than and dont appear to stock the red one (for diesels).....
ebay still looking cheapest P/N PFF63-610
The Red One I saw on ebay WAS from B&G @ £23.94 delivered. (RRP is £29 odd)
Old 27th February 2012, 02:57   #35
crofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWaller View Post
Just fitted the red bush to my CDTi and very happy with it. The original bush wasnt bad, just a tiny split after 98,000 miles (probably gets an easier time with an auto box) but the engine feels smoother with the Powerflex eplacement and the gear change on the auto feels smoother (probably because there is less engine movement). Pushed out the old bush easily enough in my vice with a bit of heat and the new one is dead easy to insert. Still a bit of vibration at idle but no worse than it was with the original bush.
Easiest way to remove old bush is to cut the outer rim with a hacksaw when it should push out qite easily (or 2 blades together)
Old 27th February 2012, 10:09   #36
SteveWaller
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crofts View Post
Easiest way to remove old bush is to cut the outer rim with a hacksaw when it should push out qite easily (or 2 blades together)
The bush wasn't too bad so didn't want to damage it in case I wanted to reuse it if I didn't like the Powerflex, but it pushed out easily enough as it was. Bought mine direct from Powerflex and it was £23.95
SteveWaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 12:05   #37
Robbberd
Loves to post

MG ZT

Yea , got mine too , RED and PURPLE , may as well get them both done together , havent decide whether or not to take it to local garage to do it yet though (it already has the yellow one fitted , but still judders like hell..)
Robbberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 19:17   #38
RoryRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi tourer

I spent some time at the weekend fitting the new red powerflex bush to Rory which I obtained from Brown and Gammons (via EBay) for £21.95 delivered.

I was a bit worried about doing the job - but it turned out to be really easy. Just drove up onto ramps, removed the undertray then two 15mm bolts and off it came. It did not look too bad when I removed it, but then I compressed it with some pliers and the horror was revealed.

Following the guidance given earlier I removed the old bush by cutting a section out of the old one - after which it tapped out easily. Fitting the new one was even easier - using the lubricant provided I just tucked the lip into the housing using a large flat screwdriver after which it pushed through with just hand pressure.

Re-fitting was just as easy, and Rory was soon back on the road to see what the effect was.

At this point I have to admit it is not all good news -

The Good

I can feel there is less engine movement when going on and off the throttle, and am experiencing less judder when engaging the cluch to move off from rest. At tickover there is no additional vibration coming back into the car.

The Bad

I have noticed additional "harshness" being passed back into the cabin at some engine speeds - particularly noticeable under acceleration. Its perfectly acceptable - but it is essentially a compromise.

Overall I am pretty happy with the result - but if I were able to lay my hands on a good original I would be sorely tempted to buy it to restore Rory to the full smoothness I was used to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LowerMount.jpg (81.1 KB, 36 views)
RoryRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 20:43   #39
marke46320d
Loves to post

mg zt-t cdti + 135

I've just fitted a Mondeo item bought off a member here and it's working brilliantly. No vibration now on idle whatsoever.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:48   #40
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Fitted the red powerflex bush yesterday.

Much smoother and the engine feels much more secure. The old bush wasn't worn at all, but its still improved the car. The clutch is better, the brakes feel better. The engine feels.. 'further away' is the best way to describe it.. even the ride seems better.