Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd October 2021, 23:19   #13051
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Default What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Wire through the bulkhead (Remove the sound deadening near the battery and you will see a grommet in the bulkhead) route through the grommet on the drivers side near the bonnet pull cable, then up through the A pillar tris and across the roof lining to an LED in the interior light or the mirror surround

👍👍That sounds easy …😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2021, 05:16   #13052
Wolves 75
I really should get out more.......

75 connoisseur SE CDTi

Washed it

Wolves 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2021, 22:44   #13053
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Was yesterday actually (apologies).

Removed all 4 wheel arch liners and mudflaps, finding they are much more comprehensively attached than those on my TF, then pressure washed out the arches. Then applied Lanoguard grease to areas at high risk of rust, edges of arches, sills etc, then Lanoguard spray over the rest of the suspension, underbody etc. Then put all the fixtures and fittings back in.

A good day's work including drying time and a lunch break but I'm now happier the car is ready to face winter.

Just as I was packing up I did notice some water in the lens of my rear light, suspecting the infamous seal might have failed on that side? Another job on the list.
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2021, 20:00   #13054
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Oil & Filters.
Quick service indicator reset with a paper clip. Think I've been using the same clip for 5 years now. Proper value for money!
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 23:00   #13055
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Had an itch I had to scratch or another bucket list car!Here's me getting ready to sell my launch car to make room and yesterday I ended up buying a MG ZT260.
In my past had a few V8,proper old style burbling V8s,have missed that sound so this was always on my wish list to get another,not the greatest of engines but at least the measurements of the car are sensible.As a previous amateur customiser of the 70s always like to have cars different to everybody else.
Regards Ryszard....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2021, 04:53   #13056
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Yesterday I replaced all four doors, a bonnet and a pair of front wings, fitted dynamat around the speakers while the door cards were off as well.

Took the opportunity to give the inner wings and inside the doors a good coat of acf50 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27th October 2021, 16:59   #13057
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default What a rollercoaster ride...

Drive home from work and, arriving home, discover my V6 has become incontinent - coolant widdling out of the expansion cap. After some faffing around in the near-dark I decide it has to be a head gasket fault -having spent all my hard-won pocket money on the car this is how it repays me...
The next morning and some more faffing (including losing the bleed screw into the darkest recesses of the wheel well) I try swapping out the expansion cap - sure enough 'incontinence' stops and car is fine again. Today I take the car for an MOT and it flies through, scoring a 'highly commended' from the tester - ah the ups and down of 75 ownership...
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2021, 21:00   #13058
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy24601 View Post
Drive home from work and, arriving home, discover my V6 has become incontinent - coolant widdling out of the expansion cap. After some faffing around in the near-dark I decide it has to be a head gasket fault -having spent all my hard-won pocket money on the car this is how it repays me...
The next morning and some more faffing (including losing the bleed screw into the darkest recesses of the wheel well) I try swapping out the expansion cap - sure enough 'incontinence' stops and car is fine again. Today I take the car for an MOT and it flies through, scoring a 'highly commended' from the tester - ah the ups and down of 75 ownership...
They do that to scare you and test your resolve.
Old 28th October 2021, 16:01   #13059
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy24601 View Post
I wonder if the coolant cap on the V6 a fairly common failure?

I am new to my V6 75 but also have a TF (and had another one before that) where the expansion caps are a regular failure, obviously same 1.8 K series as in the 75, do they fail here as well? Some people in the TF groups change them as a service item. There have also been problems with duff aftermarket parts failing even more quickly than OEM items.
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2021, 16:23   #13060
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheTyke View Post
I wonder if the coolant cap on the V6 a fairly common failure?

I am new to my V6 75 but also have a TF (and had another one before that) where the expansion caps are a regular failure, obviously same 1.8 K series as in the 75, do they fail here as well? Some people in the TF groups change them as a service item. There have also been problems with duff aftermarket parts failing even more quickly than OEM items.
I bought a set of Viton O-rings on E-bay and swapped them out for the old compressed ones on the cap on my 190. When you see the new seals next to the old ones you can see why they no longer hold pressure.