Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th October 2018, 07:25   #1
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Default KV6 Metal Inlet Manifold Chamber

About three years ago in a far away galaxy ... oh, all right it was the mg-rover.org forum .... there was an interesting thread regarding the replacement of our notoriously temperamental plastic inlet manifold chamber with the metal version from the old KV6 as fitted to the 825. Apparently the main mod required was an alloy spacer and there were nice colour photos to show it all in place (ok, the engine in question was part of a supercharger project so the VIS were blanked off and the throttle body mounting changed, but you get the idea).

I just wondered if anyone on here had considered it / tried it / got any thoughts on it. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the bit in question to know if, like ours, they came to grief as a result of internal failure but I'd love to know.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 07:41   #2
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

I had wondered if it was possible to fit one of these and asked the question on that every same site many moons ago but the consensus at the time was no it wouldn't fit, something must have changed, maybe somebody actually got round to trying it.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 09:04   #3
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

I seem to recall a post on this site a few months back which referred to someone who was making a re-designed manifold chamber for the KV6. Don't know what came of it, If I get the chance later today, I'll see if I can find the original thread.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 09:57   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Found the thread I was on about earlier: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=282465

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 18:53   #5
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hog View Post
About three years ago in a far away galaxy ... oh, all right it was the mg-rover.org forum .... there was an interesting thread regarding the replacement of our notoriously temperamental plastic inlet manifold chamber with the metal version from the old KV6 as fitted to the 825. Apparently the main mod required was an alloy spacer and there were nice colour photos to show it all in place (ok, the engine in question was part of a supercharger project so the VIS were blanked off and the throttle body mounting changed, but you get the idea).

I just wondered if anyone on here had considered it / tried it / got any thoughts on it. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the bit in question to know if, like ours, they came to grief as a result of internal failure but I'd love to know.
I think you are right about the using an fabricated adaptive plate to marry the old style metal manifold to our cars, plus you would have to consider the clearance between the top of the manifold and the bonnet.
Again it is one of though ideas that needs a good home mechanic, time and money to do a lot of trial and error R and D.