Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2021, 18:42   #1
e30325itourer
Loves to post

mgztt190/bmw e30 325i tourer

Default Locked out!!!!!

Hi folks I have been working on the 75 for mot,drove it out of the garage,jumped out and shut the door without taking the keys out off the ignition not realising the door button must have been down,so how do I get in without breaking windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This vehicle was the 100th ZT-T in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 1,134 Starlight Silver ZT-Ts
e30325itourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2021, 19:13   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

As you are a RED member you will have access to the information that you want in the forum How-To section.

Happy hunting.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2021, 21:40   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30325itourer View Post
Hi folks I have been working on the 75 for mot,drove it out of the garage,jumped out and shut the door without taking the keys out off the ignition not realising the door button must have been down,so how do I get in without breaking windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Straightened coat hanger, with an 'L' shape to the end, or something similar, and at least that length. Along with plenty of patience, ease it between the frame and the door, and touch the central locking button.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable). Full disclosure lol, I have assisted customers (4 maybe 5) who had locked themselves out of their cars in past employment, in our car park using this method.

Since it is 'only' the button pushed down, it should open and be relatively easy to do. I am not sure that getting under the bonnet will help - except to stall the engine (by pulling a fuse, hopefully not).

I have a spare left and right rear saloon glass in the shed, but would need an hour or two to access tomorrow evening if you need to go the extreme. I dont know what condition they are in, but were good when I put them in behind a panel between the uprights about 5 years ago lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2021, 17:53   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Bonnet Opening Procedure Guide--------------

Enter this in SEARCH at the top of the page.
Can't see how that's going to help open the car with the keys locked inside

When I was train driving we used to take trains of cars to the BL distribution centre at Bathgate (early 1980s). 12 cars in each double deck transporter, all locked with the keys in one vehicle that was left unlocked. One day the vehicle with the keys had been locked. I watched as they got a crowbar and bent the top of the door open to get at the lock button

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2021, 19:51   #5
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

It's possible to gain access through the boot lid to gain access to the keys.---
Old 14th September 2021, 19:58   #6
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Bonnet Opening Procedure Guide--------------

Enter this in SEARCH at the top of the page.

The keys are not under the bonnet !
Old 14th September 2021, 19:59   #7
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
It's possible to gain access through the boot lid to gain access to the keys.---

It's a tourer, no boot lid !
Old 14th September 2021, 20:20   #8
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Failing all else then post 3 is what you need.-----------
Old 14th September 2021, 20:41   #9
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Straightened coat hanger, with an 'L' shape to the end, or something similar, and at least that length. Along with plenty of patience, ease it between the frame and the door, and touch the central locking button.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable). Full disclosure lol,

Since it is 'only' the button pushed down, it should open and be relatively easy to do. I am not sure that getting under the bonnet will help - except to stall the engine (by pulling a fuse, hopefully not).

I have a spare left and right rear saloon glass in the shed, but would need an hour or two to access tomorrow evening if you need to go the extreme. I dont know what condition they are in, but were good when I put them in behind a panel between the uprights about 5 years ago lol.

Central door locking buttons won't work unless the ignition is on.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable)

It isn't.

.......... except to stall the engine.....

Just stuff a potato or rag up the exhaust.

I have assisted customers (4 maybe 5) who had locked themselves out of their cars in past employment, in our car park using this method.

None of the methods of the past, slim jims, cable ties, cable ties and braided fishing line, hollow tube and a fishing line loop, accessing central locking wiring looms through boot /tailgate pillar loom, powering up the ignition from under the car and giving the crash sensor a whack, steel rods bent to weird and wonderful shapes to allow you to grip rods and push or pull them, rods with sharp points to grip smooth or tapered buttons and many more, are of any use on the 75, or many modern cars, there is a way, detailed I believe on the forum but access obviously is restricted due to it being sensitive security info.

What the op could do, if the keys are in the ignition and it will need dexterity, patience, possibly a second person, a couple of stiff rods bent as required, a couple of plastic door wedges or one of the little air bags to provide a working gap without damage, some plastic sheet to protect paint and door seals, is use the rods to manoeuvrer the remote so that you can push the open button and break in..........err sorry wrong phrase....... effect entry.

Old 14th September 2021, 20:44   #10
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Failing all else then post 3 is what you need.-----------

Nope those won't work either, remember, 75's use BMW locks, not the old Rover, shout at them loud enough and they'll open ones !