Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th October 2021, 09:15   #11
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Does anyone know which 330D VNT turbo to use? I had a quick look at 330D options and there appear to be 3 or 4 different turbos for the 330D.
The option of more/earlier low down torque and then more mid range torque across the range, with a little bit more around the top end, is attractive to me as I often travel loaded or towing and that would help nicely on my manual 135 tourer.
As mentioned elsewhere, the low and mid torque is what would be nice for me, but big top end horsepower numbers would not be the aim for me.
Does anyone know what the torque limits are for the clutch and the gearbox? I do not want to push the gearbox too gar whjilst towing either.
GT2260V from a 204ps E46. To be honest, even a remap with a stock turbo takes the torque over the limits of the stock gearbox. If you're towing the extra torque would be handy, but that would put a huge amount of strain on the general drivetrain.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2021, 10:06   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
GT2260V from a 204ps E46. To be honest, even a remap with a stock turbo takes the torque over the limits of the stock gearbox. If you're towing the extra torque would be handy, but that would put a huge amount of strain on the general drivetrain.

I never had issues with the auto and that was running with nos occasionally as well as the big turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th October 2021, 10:09   #13
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I never had issues with the auto and that was running with nos occasionally as well as the big turbo

Towing too though? It's the towing that would have me a bit worried. I find it mad that the autobox is rated for more torque than the manual It should handle it fine, just don't want to be blamed if someone does it, their gearbox goes pop and then they say that I said it would be fine
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2021, 10:43   #14
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default Turbo for diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Towing too though? It's the towing that would have me a bit worried. I find it mad that the autobox is rated for more torque than the manual It should handle it fine, just don't want to be blamed if someone does it, their gearbox goes pop and then they say that I said it would be fine

I never did tow with it to be fair, I use my 250k manual with a cheapo clutch for that job lol.

Last edited by trikey; 18th October 2021 at 15:32..
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2021, 10:54   #15
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
Anyone got any good upgraded turbo suggestions

Get a '160' remap from one of the chaps here and you will be smiling all the way, and you will probably get a good health check at the same time, ( the car, not you) also you are less likely to destroy the transmission!.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote