Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2009, 18:53   #11
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
By the looks of things the answer is NO
so what happen to all the people who wanted to save the longbridge ones ??
Old 8th August 2009, 18:56   #12
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

I would have it in a heartbeat if :

a) I had more room to put it. (but could easily get rid of the Citroen)

b) But more importantly, It wouldn't cause very serious domestic strife.

There's got to be someone out there with £700 to spare and driveway/garage space.

Or would a few members like to buy it between them before it gets scrapped and sort out the details later?

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Old 8th August 2009, 19:09   #13
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Longbridge is taking place on the 14/8/2009 that is still happening so dont worry lads.The hunt is to raise and save as many early examples as possible before we have no s platers left.

20 is not many, and what kind of car club are we to let the pre-launch die off, even if your preference of a later Rover 75 car, rather than these type.
Old 8th August 2009, 19:16   #14
martin green
Posted a thing or two

I just made a offer of £500 to save its life, the answer was no???.

I will try another approach to try to save its tin...
Old 8th August 2009, 19:17   #15
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Ok so you both went to look at it
Lets have a condition report, chapter and verse.
Damage, status of electrical items etc any Rust?

Is it definately 100% a S not a T?

Did you drive it if so did it drive properly?

Beggers can't be chooser if you really want an S did you haggle to buy it yourselves if not why?

I might be interested in going halves with someone.
I have the space and facilities to sort it out but it would prefer not doing it all on my own.

What non standard item were on it, Unions seem wrong anything else odd about it?

If I am to take this on I need convincing
Old 8th August 2009, 19:34   #16
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Add says FSH so have the cam belts been done?

Is it an SE?
Old 8th August 2009, 20:40   #17
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Right ok report to what we know

THE CAR IS A "S" car number plate S542 AOX REGISTERED 8/2/1999.
MILEAGE 99000 MILES
SERVICE BELTS > CONFIRMED DONE ON THE 1/3/2005, BY GORDON LAMB ROVER NOTTS (I CHECKED THE RECORDS WITH THE DEALER)
dirty engine bay.

ENGINE WAS RAN, SOUNDED SWEET, AND THE DEATH RATTLE WAS NOT PRESENT.
NO DRIVE TOOK PLACE DUE TO THE CAR BEING BOXED IN BETWEEN OTHER CARS ON THE PITCH. HOWEVER ALL SERVICE HISTORY WAS PRESENT UPTO THE LAST 15000 MILES THAT WERE NOT.

INTERIOR
SMOKER INTERIOR
AMBORGINE SEATS TO FRONT NOT RIPPED, JUST A LITTLE DIRTY
BACK SEATS WERE VERY GRUBBY, CARPETS WERE JUST DIRTY
OFF SIDE DOOR CARD AND DOOR OPENING HANDLE , HANDLE DEFECTIVE AND THE DOOR CARD SHOT.
DRIVERS PULL CORD TO BONETT RELEASE ,PLASTIC PART (NOT THE CABLES THEY WERE FINE) WAS PARTLY BROKEN.
SATNAV, TV,MULTI STACK CD PLAYER, NOT TESTED
CENTRAL LOCKING, WORKED ALL BUT ON THE REAR OFFSIDE BACK DOOR.
CD FOR THE SATNAV WAS PRESENT.

BOOT OF CAR

WATER PENITRATION IN THE SPARE WHEEL AREA AND ON THE SHELF JUST ABOVE THIS IN THE BOOT, THE SATNAV BOX WAS TO HIGH FOR THIS TO GET AT IT ON THIS INSPECTION.ALL CARPETS IN THE BOOT WERE IN GENERAL GOOD CONDITION.

EXTERIOR
NEARSIDE FRONT WING, A FIFTY PENCE SIZED SECTION OF THE WING HAD RUST. JUST SURFACE TYPE.
FRONT BUMPER NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, BONNET NORMAL
NEARSIDE NO REAL DAMAGE OR DULLNESS.
OFFSIDE REAR QUATERPANEL, SIGN OF OVER SPRAY, NOT FILLED THOUGHT OR LOOKED UNEVEN, JUST OVERSPRAY.

BACK BUMPER HAS GOT WEAR AND TEAR ON IT AND IN NEED OF SOME VERYGOOD TENDER CARE, REVERSING SENSORS PRESENT BUT NOT TESTED.
3 ALLOY WHEELS AND ALSO TYRE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, ONE TYRE POOR AND WILL NEED REPLACING.
PANELS ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR IN GENERAL NOT DENTED. WORSED AREA THE FRONT WING FIFTY PENCE SECTION AND OVERSPRAY ON THE REAR QUARTER. ALL TORPEDO BADGES STILL ON IT. THE BIG D NUMBER PLATE IN A POOR STATE.

BOTH HEADLAMP WASHERS PRESENT AND NOT MISSING.LOG BOOK AND TWO SETS OF KEYS PRESENT & AND MOT UNTIL MAY 2010. SHOWS TAX TO MAY
2010 ALSO.

This is the report on the main points, its not beyond saving currently but another year and it will end up like S751 LJW this week just gone. There are currently only 6/8 RHD rover 75 S platers left on the road.And without doubt currently the last remaining dorchester red S reg.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by martin green; 8th August 2009 at 20:42..
Old 8th August 2009, 21:23   #18
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Hi Keith

We went with the idea of buying it ourselves, however, the first thing we discovered (before we went) was that it had been sold at auction in Scotland less than 2 weeks ago for £750.00

First impressions were not favorable. It had not been prepped for viewing, and was in an inaccessible place to view properly.

Flat battery was the first issue, there was some minor rust on the nearside wing at the top front end by the bonnet. Never seen rust there before.

Removing the oil filler cap revealed a nice yellow gunge, "condensation" said the garage man, Bo****ks we said.

There was no water in the cooling system (it was all in the oil) It took 2 full watering cans worth to get it up to the fill mark.

Interior was a very fetching shade of nicotine which didn't do the Aubergine seats and trim any favors.

The leather was very badly marked, and the rear passenger door handle was mostly absent. There were a few bits on the back seat, but no sign of the locking button on the door. The door card was hanging off, and the carpets were pretty grimy.

Two to three inches of water complimented the wet look boot, dipping the head lights I've heard of, but not the spare tire.

When we got a spare battery connected it fired up well and did not sound too bad. No manifold rattle, although as we did not take it on the road it was not possible to get an idea of how the auto gear box performed.

One of the road wheels was knackered and to top it off the paintwork was in a very poor condition and there were signs of a bad respray on the rear drivers side quarter.

If you have the time, space and money, and you could get it for £750 or less then there might still be life in this car, but a gap of 15,000 miles in the service record (since the last recorded service) makes you wonder why it was dropped through the auction in the first place.

It's a shame but it really is a wreck.

Andy
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
Old 8th August 2009, 21:30   #19
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Peril

It was a poor one like you said mate, and also like you say if you can get it for a low start price then, there is life, but only with a low price between £500>£650.

The rest of your budget could then used to bring back the last dorchester red S plater mate.

Peril

Thanks for help today mate, do appreciate it mate.

I owe you a drink
However you may owe me a yellow primrose day
and your a good guy

only joking top man.

MG.
Old 8th August 2009, 21:47   #20
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Thanks Martin I will sleep on it and might give the dealer a call in the week
Why do you think he will take £700 did you discuss the figure?

Has he now got wind of the fact people are interested in it and therefore might hold out for nearer the asking price?

What made you think HGF? Any white smoke from the exhaust? Any sign of fluid loss from the stat in the V?

I would be looking at getting it collected and trailered here because I personally would not be insuring it to drive until definitely in a checked and 100% roadworthy condition and in my case de stunk as the one thing putting me off is the fag ash being a non smoker I can't stand smoked in cars

I wonder if anyone in the club has a sufficiently capable trailer and tow car otherwise that would be approx £200. Unless any member who was suitably insured fancied collecting it and me running them back to the nearest train station afterwards!

Changing the plate back to the S another £80 unless dealer is doing that?

So that's getting close to £1k already before starting on repairs/refurb. Steering wheel would have to go for starters as it looks well worn.

Anyone interested in taking this on with me?

Budget could add another £1k-£2k especially if it needs a fair bit of bodyshop work to get it in acceptable condition, would it be worth it?
Closed Thread