Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th December 2017, 04:54   #1
Ed3
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi saloon

Default The end of the Rover 75 as a useable car ?

Looking at all the various posts and my recent purchase of an 06 Rover 75 CDTi, it seems to me that the Rover 75 at over 10 years old has become a very different car.

The seller of my car was genuine but he did not know the problems he was passing on.

As a start the Rover 75 at over ten years old cannot cope well with rain water (when wet or when frozen). These cars after 10 years old will start to leak around the bulkhead, sunroof, boot and locks. That not only turns the cabin of the car into a paddling pool but plays havoc with the electrics and locking.

We have one of the most sound engine and gearboxes on the Rover 75 but the problems that are now emerging are more awkward to fix than a worn out engine or gearbox (where most back street garages can throw in a s/h unit to an average older car quite cheaply)

I have an enormous job to not only strip out the drenched main carpet in winter, but also be accurate and certain about both the present leaks (there are at least six leaks) and other weak points for potential future rain water leaks before I put the carpets back in.

But from postings on forums there are very many potential rain water leaks (and in addition freezing rain issues) on a Rover 75 that require a proactive approach.

If we look at the postings on forums it is obvious that unless we get a better understanding and be clearer about what is happening to the decade plus old Rover 75 it will no longer be viable for most people.

Happy Christmas

Last edited by Ed3; 20th December 2017 at 04:57..
Ed3 is offline   Reply With Quote