Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th July 2022, 09:31   #1
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts
Default So where are we all sourcing major parts from now

So after many years of membership, I have noticed that many of the breaker members / Traders have dissapeared. I understand that life events and change in circumstances will have an effect on those who have served the club members very well over the years, some have tragic situations which have affected their lives in ways we cannot describe and we remember these folks with fondness and hopes for good things for them in the future.

So the reason for asking the question -

I have a friend with a 51 reg 75 diesel tourer, who is in need of a manual transmission in good working order without STARSHIP ENTERPRISE MILEAGE. The unit fitted to the car in question has a diff bearing that is shot, together with a cheap or badly fitted clutch slave cylinder which leaks very badly. The clutch was set to be replaced with a quality unit, but the fitter noted the issue with the diff bearing and decided to keep the car together to enable further use of the vehicle while sourcing a gearbox in better condition.
So there is the reason for posting, and hope that there may be some way within the club to source this unit. The vehicle lives near to Peterborough, and so if there is anybody close by with such item available, it would be great to hear about it. There are options to travel to collect such item, but as usual we would like to limit this a best possible.
Looking forward to any advice or offers in this area.
Many thanks in advance.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote