Notices

Old 17th April 2024, 07:40   #11
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
See? I always remind myself that others are going through far worse. So glad that you got the right treatment in time.

I have a "cunning plan", always have a debt, 'cos there is no way am I going to be allowed to leave while it's outstanding.

Cheers Phil,
Fred
Thank you Fred, if you ever get bored and need money, what about working as a celebrant. A good friend an ex-army Major went into that job doing funerals. He was paid £200 for speaking up about the deceased for each funeral. In one year during COVID, he earned £40,000 Like you, he is a thoughtful person and is articulate and good with words, respectful to everyone and good with people, just a thought in passing. He recently retired as he lost hearing in both ears, age related.

From my experience of working in health care, when bad news about the health is received and if there is no hope, people can react in 2 ways. Throw in the towel or fight on. I have a tendency to the latter. Of course it’s an individual thing and everyone is different.

Let’s make the most of our days

After years of major surgery, I was disappointed when none of the family visited me or Jessica in hospital. Some friends promised to visit and never came and other friends visited all of the time. They say you can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family.

I have said to Jessica, now we are both on the up and whilst we have our health we should enjoy ourselves.

I do like your cunning plan

Take care

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2024, 19:01   #12
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Interesting comments Phil, thank you. I often find I am pretty busy, but that is affected by the silly summer season. Though I am retired, the other people in my life tend to stick to doing weekend things, at the weekend, so my visits to them are governed by that.

We all find people, whether related or otherwise who promise to "visit", but before they figure out if they can; I know I have promised but not fulfilled in the past Sorry World.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 05:51   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Fred, thank you,

Like yourself we keep fairly busy, no one day is the same as the next and not working allows us to come and do as we please.

You have done your fair share of visiting members of the club who were sick or down on their luck. I remember how HarrisOp48 Peter would visit the sick and needy in the club when he was alive, he was genuine and always kept his word, Peter is still missed.

Today we are meeting a friend for lunch who has asked me to be his counter signatory for a new UK passport. I am a full UK tax payer and have a UK passport, so no problem. During the week he works so he is only free at weekends. We have had torrential rain every night this week and have been hoping for a dry spell as we would like to go on safari, otherwise 4x4 off road is more challenging.

Fred, how are you now, any better? When is your next adventure?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 07:57   #14
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Phil, we know what you mean by too much recent rain, though my safari this morning was over a local common, dodging the cattle droppings.

I have been lucky to be able to visit certain members during poor health, but Peter had his own way, and generous ways that some of us can not emulate.

With this latest lurgy it would have been "bad form" to meet with some. Got the voice almost totally back at the beginning of the week, though bumped into a neighbour earlier and I could not utter a word; odd stuff.

Shortly going out to do an oil change on my son's car, little jobs.

Stay wary, take a chair!

Fred
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:03   #15
Sonestarick
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Talking HGF/ Daily rant.

Hi all, apart from the usual daily life issues that we all suffer from sadly others more than others! Anyway I wondered into the Social forum and glad I did as the posts cheered me up and gave me a laugh.
I have issues as everyone else has and today being no different as I had to request from the RAC for the 2cnd day on the trot the breakdown report I am waiting for them to forward. So I call Cus. services and the same "lady" answers who answers all RAC calls and assures me that my call is important to them and so on- the call may be recorded for training purposes etc etc- seriously 7 Mts later I am still waiting to be put through to a member of staff ! but they did not leave me to listen to music or? but took me around in circles with the same damned voice prompting me to pick any number of options. In the end I disconnected and called the actual breakdown number, but again so many options - was I in a safe place -on a motorway etc etc it just went around trying to convince me the best/ fastest way to report a breakdown was on line. But being the eternal optimist that I am I stuck with it and in the end I must have worn the prerecorded voice down because I was suddenly presented with a human person !! amazed I quickly explained the situation and after informing me that this line was only for reporting a breakdown and that I reported the breakdown 2 days ago I need further help-- anyway the lady suddenly had an intake of breath and announced ok- on this occasion will see if I can get some help for you to which air replied -please do not put me on hold . she assured me in the interest of the service it will be best all round if I sort this out once and for all !! Within 2 Mts she had arranged for said report to be sent to me and whilst on the phone to her -- wait for it - it actually arrived in my inbox. I thanked her profusely and wishing her a good day went on my way. Success at last.
So overall apart from my present car issues ( considerable) I count my blessings and wish any and all who spend the time reading this a very happy day.
From the "eternal optimist" more power to your elbow!
Cheers Rick'
Sonestarick is offline   Reply With Quote