Notices

Old 24th July 2015, 12:12   #11
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyfeet View Post
These incidents are very very minor in relation to the amount of weapons legally owned and used in a safe environment. We always owned guns in the USA and every friend I had also owned guns, nobody in our gun club was a mental nutter either to go shoot people.
But the small minority of shootings tarnish every single lawful American gun owner.
If cars were used as weapons to kill people, in which they are, should we ban cars?
Knife attacks in the UK are very high, should we ban all types of knives?

Where do we draw the line?

And no, most Americans are not obsessed with guns!!
I think the point of Richards post was that if this happened in the UK like you have said it would be done with a knife. The welsh man who attacked the Sikh dentist had a machete, if he had used a gun then the dentist would be dead and so would the ex soldier who stopped the killing most probably, guns are a lot easier to kill with than a knife, it's not as personal to shoot somebody as it is to stab them if you catch my drift.
Old 24th July 2015, 14:35   #12
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
I think the point of Richards post was that if this happened in the UK like you have said it would be done with a knife. The welsh man who attacked the Sikh dentist had a machete, if he had used a gun then the dentist would be dead and so would the ex soldier who stopped the killing most probably, guns are a lot easier to kill with than a knife, it's not as personal to shoot somebody as it is to stab them if you catch my drift.

100% agree. When I went through basic training in the military, we had to run a course stabbing all these figures with our bayonets and even though it was training, it did feel very close to home. To end a humans life in such a way.

It is hard to reply to such topics in a manner that comes across as civilised. I hope nobody thinks I am being a tad to antagonistic.
itchyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 17:47   #13
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
100% agree. When I went through basic training in the military, we had to run a course stabbing all these figures with our bayonets and even though it was training, it did feel very close to home. To end a humans life in such a way.

It is hard to reply to such topics in a manner that comes across as civilised. I hope nobody thinks I am being a tad to antagonistic.
Not at all, that is what the social forum is all about isn't it, the free airing of views on any given subject
Old 24th July 2015, 20:42   #14
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:

I have to admit,I did a little at first, but now you have cleared it up ,I see where you are coming from.
That's the trouble with forums,the spoken word face to face,is much easier to interpret than the typed/written word.
Sometimes what has been typed can be seen as antagonistic, when it actually had no intention to be,
back to the topic.