Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th April 2012, 17:07   #21
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hmmmm.. For me personally, it's a crashed-repaired car, and sounds like it needed a fair bit of repairing. In fact it wasn't fully repaired when the owner bought it.. It needs all the belts changing...

It is a nice colour (I think) lol.. very low mileage.. (why?) .. And.. it's a manual.... I would look elswhere..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 17:19   #22
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Hmmmm.. For me personally, it's a crashed-repaired car, and sounds like it needed a fair bit of repairing. In fact it wasn't fully repaired when the owner bought it.. It needs all the belts changing...

It is a nice colour (I think) lol.. very low mileage.. (why?) .. And.. it's a manual.... I would look elswhere..
It´s a diesel. My diesel is manual, had no probs with it. Having cruise makes it like an auto if you want. Very low miles... why not. Elderly couple perhaps. Front end bash doesn´t necessarily mean any big grief (2 Diesels V8 for example)

Of course the answer to all the questions would be to go and have a look and get the paperwork out If I was looking for one I would def go and see it.
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 18:40   #23
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I knew it was a diesel --- I know diesels dont have cam belts to change --- Sorry Anna --- I fink I need a long lie down.....

But I still wouldn't want it..... ... lol.....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 20:23   #24
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I knew it was a diesel --- I know diesels dont have cam belts to change --- Sorry Anna --- I fink I need a long lie down.....

But I still wouldn't want it..... ... lol.....

James - i think there are 2 conversations happening about 2 different cars. The car I'm interested in hasn't been in an accident (as far as I know) and it#s a petrol.......and a manual........and does have a cambelt to change
Old 12th April 2012, 23:04   #25
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post

Are the V6's particulalry thirsty? Any issues I should be aware of?
That looks a nice motor at Evans Halshaw Anna and a lowish mileage.

Are the V6s particularly thirsty' ??? Depends on what you do with them.

I have had both 2.00 and now 2.5 types - both autos though. I would expect low 20s MPG for mainly traffic driving and perhaps 34 ish for motorway. The difficulty with the 2.00 has always been that its thirstier than a 1.8t for slightly less performance and indeed its mPG figures are very little better than the figures for a 2.5.

So if enonomy is important then maybe you should be looking at 1.8Ts. If it isnt then a 2.5 is a better bet.

Just an opinion of course

Last edited by David3807; 12th April 2012 at 23:36..
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:41   #26
Mikejr
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Auto Connie SE

with

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mikejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:54   #27
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Thanks for that. I'd be happy with 30mpg, my husband pulled faces when I said it was petrol to which I replied 'I'm paying for it'.........I know it's going to put my cost up but more important to me is condition and service history of the car. It LOOKS immaculate but I know looks can be decieving, so when Alan and Dave cast an eye over it, then I'll make a decision

(plus I've got myself in a pickle with the astra settlement and this would get me out a hole)

P.S I'm quite gentle on the accelerator and my hours at work have changed so although my overall miles are going to decrease the length of the individual journeys should increase, so shouldn't be so stop start.

Last edited by lady zed; 12th April 2012 at 23:56..
lady zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 00:09   #28
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I would have thought 30mpg from a 2.0 KV6 is doable, I get almost that from my 190 and I'm hardly the most cautious driver around!

You will find that going from the torque of the diesel to a small KV6 will be a bit of a culture shock. My wife's just gone from a little diesel ZR to a ZS 180 (KV6) and it took a while for her to get used to using the rev range again.
That said having owned a diesel 75 and now a KV6 powered ZT I really think the extra refinement of the V6 suits the car better.......although I suspect there are some folk who might disagree with me there
Old 13th April 2012, 00:20   #29
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I would have thought 30mpg from a 2.0 KV6 is doable, I get almost that from my 190 and I'm hardly the most cautious driver around!

You will find that going from the torque of the diesel to a small KV6 will be a bit of a culture shock. My wife's just gone from a little diesel ZR to a ZS 180 (KV6) and it took a while for her to get used to using the rev range again.
That said having owned a diesel 75 and now a KV6 powered ZT I really think the extra refinement of the V6 suits the car better.......although I suspect there are some folk who might disagree with me there
A fellow member kindly calculated my MPG for me, and I achieve 31 MPG on mixed urban and dual carriageway journeys! Parsimonious compared to my old BMW 730! That was 17MPG...

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 13:25   #30
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

This looks very nice?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3781842.htm