Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th October 2018, 13:38   #81
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
........ You have to be prepared for someone to take exception and complain about their car not being in a movie or a photo shot you took Its happened to me twice and I know it has happened to Jimbo. My response is to thank them for their comment. Or there is the other comment, “how dare you film my car”.... I have had that as well. It was a lovely meet yesterday despite the bad weather. When is the next one?
I've not experienced any comments myself so far, but I guess it's just a matter of time. I guess all you can do is use a little discretion and common sense about how you use the photos/footage and where you post it . As you say, you can't please everyone . I'm guessing the next meet will be the Ely, 2nd Sunday in November, which would make it the 11th. No doubt Peter will advise in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Craig View Post
Loved the videos guys great work
Thanks Paul. Oh, and I have to admit, your black grill looks way better "in the flesh" than the photos suggest, so I can understand why you like it. Always nice to have something a little different to the 'norm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Phil, Cliff

Great videos guys, really caught the day!

Jim
Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
You're very welcome Phil, though I'm not sure about the "master"!........
I am. You set the standards that the rest of us aspire to Jim. Hope all goes well for you with the hospital etc and you're back in full action soonest.

Take care,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 15:52   #82
Roadrunner66
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 135

Smile Thanks Clif

Thanks for your comment Clif 're my Grill wasn't sure if anyone would like it as not standard but as you say I like it, personally I think it gives it a bit of a aggressive look if you know what I mean ? Looking forward to the next meet hopefully I can make it there too.
It came off the assembly line on Thursday 12th September 2002 @ 12:01.50 pm
MG ZT Comission No: 9014
Roadrunner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 19:17   #83
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I've not experienced any comments myself so far, but I guess it's just a matter of time. I guess all you can do is use a little discretion and common sense about how you use the photos/footage and where you post it . As you say, you can't please everyone . I'm guessing the next meet will be the Ely, 2nd Sunday in November, which would make it the 11th. No doubt Peter will advise in due course
Cliff
The 11th November, thank you

I had not thought of being indiscreet about posting any videos or photos. Its enough to post them up here or selected groups on FB. Even if you are as careful as I am, there will be the odd one who is impossible to please. Your lucky it hasn't happened to you Cliff. One year I took photos for someone here and one of the photos was chosen for the club calendar. On that occasion I was under strict orders not to share those photos with anyone else. I complied. Another member had a go at Flying Banana for taking photos of his car at a club meet and Bob is highly respected, always discreet

I only mentioned it Cliff, as it useful to have a strategy and most members like to have their cars filmed or photographed without any problems........thats all
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 20:30   #84
Teflon
This is my second home

Sensible advice as always Phil . In my view, it pays to heed the past experiences of others, so I appreciate your posting.

Cliff

Edit: just re-read my original post and realised it's badly worded. The advice " I guess all you can do...etc" was advice for myself, not aimed at you . Poor choice of words on my part .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6

Last edited by Teflon; 16th October 2018 at 20:35..
Old 16th October 2018, 22:21   #85
Midas
Regional Secretary

Rover 75 saloon & Rover 200 BRM

Sorry these are a bit late and i didn't get everyone's cars my battery decided it was going to run out

Was really nice seeing everyone and meeting some new members hope to see you soon x

Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 08:16   #86
Teflon
This is my second home

Great photos, thanks for posting .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 17th October 2018, 10:12   #87
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Craig View Post
Thanks for your comment Clif 're my Grill wasn't sure if anyone would like it as not standard but as you say I like it, personally I think it gives it a bit of a aggressive look if you know what I mean ? Looking forward to the next meet hopefully I can make it there too.
Good morning Paul, there is another member in the South East who had it done and it makes it look sporty. He sometimes goes to the meets at the Ely or the Ugly. I had a photo of his car but the photo is in Africa. It will be a nice surprise for you when you see his car. How are you today sir?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 07:40   #88
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Jim, I hope it works out for you. The surgeon is guided by what you tell him and in doing so, he has to understand your needs. Tell him what you want.

Last year, I had an op and the guy doing it, said he was going to repair 2 aneurysms at the same time. I psyched myself up for it and was ready to go, then he cancelled them. He changed his mind, saying he going to wait 12 months for them to be more ripe ha! To say it was a let down, was an understatement. But he said if I have any problems with them in Africa, I am to fly back straight away.

I don't have complete faith in Doctors and had to pull him on his bedside manner, when he told me that if one them blows, it will be curtains. I told him he should not frighten his patients like that. On the plus side, he did the op good for the other thing and no complications at all. It was a good experience. On the day of the op, I said I did not need a trolley and wanted to walk to the operating theatre without any help. When I got in there, I climbed onto the table and they were all there gowned up listening to loud rap music. It felt like I was going to party. The anaesthetist put a needle in my arm, hardly felt it go in and he made a joke. I started laughing and before I knew it, I was out for the count.......

Next week the aneurysms are to be scanned again and I will know the results straight away. Like yourself, I will then see the consultant to discuss options. Unlike yourself, I have no symptoms, no discomfort, no pain and they don't intrude into my life, except no contact sports, no bungee jumping, no deep dives and heavy weights on top of my front are not allowed.....To us both, positive thoughts
Thanks Phil, not really in pain just uncomfortable but as you say "positive thoughts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post

I am. You set the standards that the rest of us aspire to Jim. Hope all goes well for you with the hospital etc and you're back in full action soonest.

Take care,

Cliff
Cheers Cliff, I'm not convinced but it's really nice of you to say it.

Thanks also for your kind wishes and thoughts, hopefully I'll be more myself next year.

Best regards to you both
Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 22:40   #89
Roadrunner66
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 135

Smile Gate Keeper

Hi Phillip

Thanks for the info I'm not too bad thanks hope your ok too ?
Yes would be nice to see another Black Grill perhaps we might convert some others ha ha .
I'm going to the Breakfast at Ugly Duckling in Dec hope the weather is better his time.
It came off the assembly line on Thursday 12th September 2002 @ 12:01.50 pm
MG ZT Comission No: 9014
Roadrunner66 is offline   Reply With Quote