Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2018, 11:27   #1
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default Armistice day.. Images of the sea

Jan and myself were honoured to be able to take part in Danny Boyles images of the sea event that happened on many beaches around the UK yesterday. Members of the public were able to create images of servicemen (or similar of their own choice) on the beach below the high tide line where they remained on show until the sea took them in the evening.
A very hectic but rewarding day when we attended three services of remembrance..
Thought it would be nice to share a couple of pics with you, I've included a couple from the US memorial as well, the US Ranger divisions lost 3000 men in the D-Day landing most on Omaha beach.
The Royal Hotel in the background of one of the photos was the venue where Glenn Miller played on the evening of 5th June 1944.

Last edited by Ian G; 12th November 2018 at 11:53..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 14:55   #2
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Jan and myself were honoured to be able to take part in Danny Boyles images of the sea event that happened on many beaches around the UK yesterday. Members of the public were able to create images of servicemen (or similar of their own choice) on the beach below the high tide line where they remained on show until the sea took them in the evening.
A very hectic but rewarding day when we attended three services of remembrance..
Thought it would be nice to share a couple of pics with you, I've included a couple from the US memorial as well, the US Ranger divisions lost 3000 men in the D-Day landing most on Omaha beach.
The Royal Hotel in the background of one of the photos was the venue where Glenn Miller played on the evening of 5th June 1944.

Our old mate Derek (windrush)would have been missed on the day.
Old 12th November 2018, 15:40   #3
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by actros View Post
Our old mate Derek (windrush)would have been missed on the day.
Hi Brian
Derek (windrush) always attended the veterans weekend in Weymouth which is held in June each year. This is a totally seperate event to Remembrance day but of course he was in our thoughts as was Alf (Trimani) when we saw the RNLI standard unfurled. The lifeboats also stood just off shore while the service was being held.
Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote