Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th May 2019, 12:47   #1
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Default 10th anniversary of Rover 75 ownership - some thoughts

Hi All,

I find it hard to believe that 15 May marked the 10th anniversary of acquiring my Cowley 75. Already 9 years old, it was the oldest car I had ever purchased. While it was a bit of a step into the unknown then, I could never have forecast the pleasure the car would give me, which include in no particular order:

- the friendship, knowledge and support from this Club, both on the forum and at meets;

- the chance to learn of the heritage of both Cowley and Longbridge - and meeting those who work/ed at both factories through events such as Tanya Field's Cowley Convoy and the Pride of Longbridge;

- the fact that the car is a genuinely comfortable place to be in the pressured world of modern driving. I still make new discoveries on the details that contribute to the clever details of the interior design that contribute to this sense of well-being. While it was the dashboard that I had always admired, I only realised the other day how the oval designs so cleverly match up - e.g. the interior door handles, window switch surrounds, air vents, dashboard itself, including indicator 'window's, engine temperature and fuel gauges. No squares or rectangles - so the polar opposite of those computer, tv and phone screens we all spend so much time staring at.

Whether the car still be a practical daily driver for another 10 years may be in doubt, but I am very glad to have had the pleasure of Rover 75 ownership for the first 10.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon

Last edited by Zircon; 18th May 2019 at 19:27.. Reason: Typo!
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 14:20   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

In my mind, there is no better scenario than driving your 75, surrounded by what is indisputably the best interior a car can offer, listening to your favourite music on a sunny day, be it on a motorway, or rural roads, as your pride and joy carries you in comfort along your merry way.
Some say a car is only to get you from A to B, not in a 75 it's not, it's a journey to savour, however short.
A 75 ? Nothing matches it
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 18:02   #3
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

It's about the only car i've ever owned that i always look back at after parking up and i still catch myself looking for excuses to take it out for a drive. Certainly the only car i've ever had that gets washed most weeks and polished on a regular basis and every time i see her sitting in my driveway she still puts a smile on my face just because she's mine.

I have long since come to the conclusion that there is little rational about choosing a car in her 20th year as a daily driver but these cars arn't about being rational but it's all about the emotions they stir

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 08:05   #4
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I looked at a different type of car but nothing came close. It puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it or just look at it.
Old 19th May 2019, 09:20   #5
190+
Regular poster

MG ZT

I`ve had mine since 2006
Best motorway muncher i`ve had. Execellent load carrier .
190+ is offline   Reply With Quote