Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th January 2016, 08:57   #201
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Consider yourself THE VERY ODD ONE OUT Supervinnie.

I didn't reply with QUOTE facility as I couldn't bear to see your insulting words repeated !!

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:02   #202
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

There is always one!!
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:21   #203
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

I truly think that what you've said Supervinnie40 is insulting, but most of all just plain wrong.

You're nit-picking to the extreme . This is a brilliant piece of engineering and I for one would be happy to have a fraction of his skills. I'd honestly pay damn good money for a car in this condition and I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:25   #204
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
From a distance it looks like fun, but from up close it's aweful.

The finishing touches are really bad. The leather in the interior is horribly done. It looks like it has been done by somebody who never done any interior ever.
The Coupe badge on the back is to low, it should be a little higher, something Rover would've thought of. The third braking light is to low, in Dutch regulations, it wont pass any control (and I personally don't like the look, it's just not Rover-ish).
The strips on the front bumper have been removed, but the strips on the side haven't, don't like the look of that bumper now.
The wood in the doors is completely different then the wood on the interior. The top left corner of the interior rubber (not on the door, but on the car, on the B pillar) looks like it's bend way to much.

The rough idea is fun, and I won't say that I can do better. But this looks really wrong and badly build. Looks like the owner tried to cut costs by ignoring the finishing touches.
I can't do better, but if I would build anything like this, I wouldn't photograph it in this state. I would've even consider my work done, looking like that. No high standard to be found here. If I had paid for this "conversion", and this would be delivered at my door. I would bring it back and tell them to do the work properly this time.

So you like it then ?

I'm sorry, but that's all I could think of saying !
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:29   #205
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I think it's a fun and original idea. But the finished article is a very rough diamond. Just like I don't have to like or agree with this car, you don't have to like my opinion about it.
Old 5th January 2016, 09:34   #206
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I think it's a fun and original idea. But the finished article is a very rough diamond. Just like I don't have to like or agree with this car, you don't have to like my opinion about it.
I thought I was being bad saying what I said earlier. I was trying to be constructive in my criticism. I have to say that is harsh, however you are entitled to your opinion one thing to remember, as I understand it, this is one man, doing this as a hobby effectively and for that alone one has to applaud his creation.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:35   #207
johnnyb44

Rover 75

I'm just speechless to say anything about your offensive outburst Vinnie ;(
Old 5th January 2016, 09:38   #208
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I never said the man hasn't got devotion. He obviously put a lot of time into this.
However, he spent a lot of time on the exhaust and very little on the leather covering the dashboard. Why? Why not dot the i's in every corner. He has spent so much time, money and effort into this, only to completely miss out on several finishing touches. Why?
if those things were don't as nice as some of the other parts, then it would've been amazing. Now it's a nice effort, but not really there yet.
Old 5th January 2016, 09:40   #209
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
while I agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion, credit where credit is due.
Ok, a couple of trim points could be finished slightly better ( I used to do motor trimming) but really i couldnt have done a better job on the seats and other trim in the car and like any proto type you get that.
On a production model these things would be sorted out.
So the wood dosnt match ? (i didnt really notice) no matter who you are,you have to appreciate the skill required to fabricate that car.
No matter which way you cut it,you and I do not and never will have the skills to do what was done to complete this car.
I think actions speak louder than words,the fact that a number of people on here want to buy that car (me included) speaks volumes.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 09:45   #210
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I don't attack you (not aimed at 1 person in particular) for having a different opinion. You like it enough to buy. That's fine.
I don't want it. That should be fine to.
You are overly impressed with it. I think it could've been much better. Both opinions should be fine.

Don't really see why somebody with a different view or opinion is suddenly bad and offensive.