Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th April 2010, 21:03   #1061
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janove View Post
I have been in the setup but the only maps i can see thru the unit is andorra. In explorer on the computer i can se them all.

There is one thougt here. There was 10 identical zip files in the map location where i downloaded. Your instructions was to unzip them al into the sd card.

The challenge here is that it was stated that there should be a 2gb card with the unit. If i try to put all the map files from the download on it is 10gb, and like i say, each file is identical when you unzip them. I am trying to ad the one that is marked numer 2 at the moment and i will see if that will make any difference
That is Odd. the .fbl files (Map Files) in total for western Europe are well under 2GB
Something is amiss . Checking Now
Old 8th April 2010, 21:10   #1062
Radioguy
Banned

None

Janove

I am downloading the same files now and they show as 1 GB.
I am not trying to be difficult or dodge this but something is wrong.
Sean

Quote:
I have been in the setup but the only maps i can see thru the unit is andorra. In explorer on the computer i can se them all.

There is one thougt here. There was 10 identical zip files in the map location where i downloaded. Your instructions was to unzip them al into the sd card.

The challenge here is that it was stated that there should be a 2gb card with the unit. If i try to put all the map files from the download on it is 10gb, and like i say, each file is identical when you unzip them. I am trying to ad the one that is marked numer 2 at the moment and i will see if that will make any difference
Old 8th April 2010, 21:18   #1063
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Janove

I am downloading the same files now and they show as 1 GB.
I am not trying to be difficult or dodge this but something is wrong.
Sean
If you mark all of the map files and click download, they are 949mb unzipped, when you unzip the package it turns out in total 10 parts, each 90,8mb.

Then you unzip one it is 947mb still 9 zip files left. The folder that is created when you unzip one is named "IGO8 Europe West" there are 34 maps in the folder.

When you try to unzip the next zip file it is identical in name size, and content.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:38   #1064
Radioguy
Banned

None

Janove,
I think I know what is happening.
Place ALL of the downloaded files on the SD Card in the MAPS folder.
(Make sure it is empty) The Maps Folder is in the CONTENTS Folder.
Place the 10 Files there and Begin to Unzip file 1 and the rest SHOULD follow automatically without you doing anything.

RG

Quote:
If you mark all of the map files and click download, they are 949mb unzipped, when you unzip the package it turns out in total 10 parts, each 90,8mb.

Then you unzip one it is 947mb still 9 zip files left. The folder that is created when you unzip one is named "IGO8 Europe West" there are 34 maps in the folder.

When you try to unzip the next zip file it is identical in name size, and content.
Old 9th April 2010, 04:52   #1065
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

what you mean then is to place them there without unzipping them?

I will try this, on my way work now. and i hope that it will work.

I doubt that it works since the size of the card i smaller then the total unziped files.

Another challenge here is that the computer creates an ew folder when unzipping and the program IGO8 cant find the maps in this folder

Last edited by Janove; 9th April 2010 at 05:41..
Old 9th April 2010, 05:38   #1066
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

Ok, i have tried to take the hole zip file over into the folder. The unit shows no maps. I have tried unzipping the files inside the folder without any luck.

Could someone go into the folder on there card and look what it looks like. are there zip files or is are there map files?

The best thing would be to take a screen shot in explorer and mail it to me so that i can look at the size of every file to se if there is a mismatch somewhere
Old 9th April 2010, 06:01   #1067
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Ok, i have tried to take the hole zip file over into the folder. The unit shows no maps. I have tried unzipping the files inside the folder without any luck.

Could someone go into the folder on there card and look what it looks like. are there zip files or is are there map files?

The best thing would be to take a screen shot in explorer and mail it to me so that i can look at the size of every file to se if there is a mismatch somewhere
You should be able to run the program in full 800x400 resolution

Have a look at this Web Page( for evaluation purpose only) , all the info is there along with the latest maps and data & branding files:=

http://diimaps.webs.com

Membership No 135
Old 9th April 2010, 14:38   #1068
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE '02 Auto Saloon

I had another email from "Cathy" at Hualingan today and she said that the new unit would (still) be available on the 19th April and that TMC would be $40 extra. So, it looks like it is a go as far as TMC is concerned, but $40 more? What are your thoughts Sean? Has the factory said anything to you?

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE
'02 Auto Saloon.
Bright and Shiny Zircon Silver. Chrome is where the heart is!
Old 9th April 2010, 14:49   #1069
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ConSE View Post
I had another email from "Cathy" at Hualingan today and she said that the new unit would (still) be available on the 19th April and that TMC would be $40 extra. So, it looks like it is a go as far as TMC is concerned, but $40 more? What are your thoughts Sean? Has the factory said anything to you?
I don't know exacly how to say this GENTLY So ill just spit it out. It is Shadey but I except that from Haulingan.
It is a DEFINITE and FINAL NO on TMC From the same factory.
I don't want to talk bad about my competitors but in MHO they are taking the 40$ and HOPING the TMC Works from the GPS and that ALL depends on the chip which the factory told us they will not be using. . Remember that REAL TMC Words from the RDS AM/FM . The factory WILL NOT offer it, they WILL NOT even consider it at this point. It MAY or MAY NOT Work from the GPS Module. I will not charge or guarantee TMC Because THAT is the real truth
Old 9th April 2010, 14:58   #1070
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

I am not sure if i should get angry or just smile. I have this great looking unit, but no matter what i do i cant make the maps work.........

I have tried unzipping so many times and in different ways so i should qualify to a gold medal in this.

The link was ok, that was provided. The only challenge there is that there are no download slots availiable to download any other maps then the one i have gotten.

is any of the other six that got the units on the same time as me in the same position?

I am now getting really tired of this zipping business.
Closed Thread