Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2021, 14:26   #11
DeeJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
That bracket hanging down is for an Anti Tramp shock, I thought these were only fitted to the ZT Manual version or maybe they only fitted the shocks and they all had the brackets? ...
My Rover 75 V8 has one too, but no shock-absorbers on the diff. No rear antiroll bar either of course.
DeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:53   #12
Juice

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
There were only 4 Rover 75 V8's sent to ZA by MG-Rover. They were #806, #807, #808 and #819 (the last 3 digits of the VIN). Only #806 and #819 were in 'Raven Black'. Member "kaiser" in Jo'bug owns, or did own, one of those two. I believe #806? He may know more about the car you are considering, and can certainly advise you I would think. #808 is in Midnight Blue and #807 Starlight Silver.

Not sure whether your photos show Raven Black or the very rare Midnight Blue. I assume the latter, because of the leather colour. Which one is the car you mention; can you find out? The VIN is visible from outside the car through the windscreen lower right corner. Maybe some more information about it can be found via "Two-Sixties" Forum members. That forum is for ZT260 and Rover 75 V8 Owners or enthusiasts (http://www.two-sixties.com). You can join the Forum as a guest and post questions.

Wow, thanks for that info! I knew they were rare in this country, but not THAT rare! only 4.. wow! This car is indeed midnight blue with tan leather interior. I am not 100% sure of the VIN, but from your info it would seem it is #808. I will try track down Kaiser and ask him about the car as well, thanks!
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:59   #13
Juice

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
There were only 4 Rover 75 V8's sent to ZA by MG-Rover. They were #806, #807, #808 and #819 (the last 3 digits of the VIN). Only #806 and #819 were in 'Raven Black'. Member "kaiser" in Jo'bug owns, or did own, one of those two. I believe #806? He may know more about the car you are considering, and can certainly advise you I would think. #808 is in Midnight Blue and #807 Starlight Silver.

Not sure whether your photos show Raven Black or the very rare Midnight Blue. I assume the latter, because of the leather colour. Which one is the car you mention; can you find out? The VIN is visible from outside the car through the windscreen lower right corner. Maybe some more information about it can be found via "Two-Sixties" Forum members. That forum is for ZT260 and Rover 75 V8 Owners or enthusiasts (http://www.two-sixties.com). You can join the Forum as a guest and post questions.

Wow, thanks for that info! I knew they were rare in this country, but not THAT rare! only 4.. wow! This car is indeed midnight blue with tan leather interior. I am not 100% sure of the VIN, but from your info it would seem it is #808. I will try track down Kaiser and ask him about the car as well, thanks!
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2022, 09:13   #14
DeeJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Hi All,

I have been lurking on this forum for many years, and have been quite happily driving my MG ZT 190 since about 2009, but recently this Rover 75 V8 came up for sale and I am quite tempted to upgrade ...
Just noticed that it is no longer listed on Facebook Marketplace since yesterday. Did you buy it in the end, perhaps?
DeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote