Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2021, 21:33   #1
Alex D
Regular poster

1999 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE, 1998 Rover 825 Sterling

Default ATC question

Evening all. Just a quick question regarding the dual zone climate control.

Is there any way to adjust the temperature on both sides of the car at the same time? I'm the only person in the car 99% of the time and it can be a bit annoying having to adjust both sides separately.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2021, 00:48   #2
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I use finger and thumb method, don't think there is an option to combine both switches though.
Old 14th July 2021, 07:35   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Yes, it can be set to adjust from one button, I can’t remember how to do it though!

Someone will be along shortly to explain I’m sure.
Old 14th July 2021, 08:53   #4
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The Handbook says that whatever the temperature settings are for each side, the system can't actually maintain more than about 5°C difference. I wouldn't have expected it to be very obvious to a lone driver. There's no single press for both sides mentioned in my Mk2 edition.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2021, 10:17   #5
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
Evening all. Just a quick question regarding the dual zone climate control.

Is there any way to adjust the temperature on both sides of the car at the same time? I'm the only person in the car 99% of the time and it can be a bit annoying having to adjust both sides separately.
Is there a reason you need to adjust it so often? The recommended temperature is usually 21 degrees C, IIRC (my personal comfort preference is 22). This works in summer or winter. If the outside temperature is above or below it will work just as hard to get up to or cool below this temperature at first. On auto, when nearer the temperature it will then ramp down the fan speed as required.

I personally think if the ATC is set to high or low constantly it is more wearing (in terms of driver comfort and longevity of components) as the fan is on full blast all the time.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2021, 11:54   #6
Alex D
Regular poster

1999 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE, 1998 Rover 825 Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Is there a reason you need to adjust it so often? The recommended temperature is usually 21 degrees C, IIRC (my personal comfort preference is 22). This works in summer or winter. If the outside temperature is above or below it will work just as hard to get up to or cool below this temperature at first. On auto, when nearer the temperature it will then ramp down the fan speed as required.

I personally think if the ATC is set to high or low constantly it is more wearing (in terms of driver comfort and longevity of components) as the fan is on full blast all the time.
To be honest it isn't really much of an issue as I don't adjust the temperature all that often. It's just situations like getting in the car when the sun has been on it all day I like to have it on low for a bit to cool it down a bit quicker but if it was a bit chilly the night before it might still be on 25 or something so it's a minor inconvenience having to adjust both sides all the way down separately. All other cars I've been in with dual zone have the facility to adjust both from the same button so it just got me wondering if the 75 has the same feature.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote