Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,445 79.75%
Linked from another website 169 9.33%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.47%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th October 2020, 20:17   #711
Colz1957

None at the moment

Thanks Flying banana ,
would like to get to a meet if possible at all in the west midlands ,
As i would like to be a owner again , thought this would be a good place to start .
Colz1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 20:38   #712
Porco

MG ZT-T

My last car had just died so i needed a replacement. An Mg ZT-T came up for sale locally so i searched the interwebs looking for reviews and common faults related to the model and the search led to this forum
I ended up buying the car and i am currently putting together a list of problems that need to be rectified.
Porco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 21:57   #713
Bryan Terry

Rover 75 saloon

Hello, thanks for the add. I found the club by search engine.
Always have been an avid Rover fan, where my father had aP2, P3 rover. I was only a young lad. From then I had the bug. Then my father had 2 P4's that I learnt to drive in. I think they were a 90 and a 100.
I was given a P6 by my uncle. Which was a 1973 2000sc.
I have lived in Ireland now for 23 years.At the age of 61, I would like to own another Rover.
Looking at P4's Land Rovers.Then 75's.
I have bought one, which is on the log book. Called a Connoisseur Elite 1.8 2006. 94000 Kms. It belonged to a Plasterer, whom I bought it off. The interior needs a good clean.
The boot has no lining in it.( whete can I get all the pieces for that? The sunroof does not work, and of course the key remote either. I am sure in time, I will get al these little things sorted.
Bryan Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 22:00   #714
Bryan Terry

Rover 75 saloon

Default Thanks for the Add

Hello, thanks for the add. I found the club by search engine.
Always have been an avid Rover fan, where my father had aP2, P3 rover. I was only a young lad. From then I had the bug. Then my father had 2 P4's that I learnt to drive in. I think they were a 90 and a 100.
I was given a P6 by my uncle. Which was a 1973 2000sc.
I have lived in Ireland now for 23 years.At the age of 61, I would like to own another Rover.
Looking at P4's Land Rovers.Then 75's.
I have bought one, which is on the log book. Called a Connoisseur Elite 1.8 2006. 94000 Kms. It belonged to a Plasterer, whom I bought it off. The interior needs a good clean.
The boot has no lining in it.( whete can I get all the pieces for that? The sunroof does not work, and of course the key remote either. I am sure in time, I will get al these little things sorted.
Old 12th January 2021, 22:11   #715
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars.

Have a look on the various pages to locate parts.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 19:37   #716
Bryan Terry

Rover 75 saloon

Default Newbie

Hello, Thanks for the Welcome to the Club. I bought 2006 registered Rover 75 1.8 manual here in Ireland 3 weeks ago. On the Log book it says Connoisseur Elite. Cant find anything in that name? But from the VIN. It is a the 6 letter S Comfort. Firefrost red. Usual leaky boot, Spare wheel retainer would not budge until I snapped the bolt. Rear window demister only Demists one third from the bottom, Passenger side rear window does not work, Skylight does not work. Keyfob unlocks the doors and boot, but does not lock, bought a fob replacement from Ebay, but have not chanced to do anything with it yet?
Other than that The Engine is fine @ 94000 Km, The bodywork is rust free as far as I know, Visually. It needed rear tyres, cose to the limit. So, had them fitted, asked at the same time for the tracking to be looked at. Because I felt it pulling to the left when taking hands off steering. The fella said tracking was ok, but could be bushes on the wishbone.

I am going to enjoy this car. I learnt to drive in P4s. My Dad had a 1948 rover with the tailboards P3. I think? I was given a P6 2000sc.
I love Rovers.
Old 26th January 2021, 20:24   #717
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Terry View Post
Hello, Thanks for the Welcome to the Club. I bought 2006 registered Rover 75 1.8 manual here in Ireland 3 weeks ago. On the Log book it says Connoisseur Elite. Cant find anything in that name? But from the VIN. It is a the 6 letter S Comfort. Firefrost red. Usual leaky boot, Spare wheel retainer would not budge until I snapped the bolt. Rear window demister only Demists one third from the bottom, Passenger side rear window does not work, Skylight does not work. Keyfob unlocks the doors and boot, but does not lock, bought a fob replacement from Ebay, but have not chanced to do anything with it yet?
Other than that The Engine is fine @ 94000 Km, The bodywork is rust free as far as I know, Visually. It needed rear tyres, cose to the limit. So, had them fitted, asked at the same time for the tracking to be looked at. Because I felt it pulling to the left when taking hands off steering. The fella said tracking was ok, but could be bushes on the wishbone.

I am going to enjoy this car. I learnt to drive in P4s. My Dad had a 1948 rover with the tailboards P3. I think? I was given a P6 2000sc.
I love Rovers.
Welcome along May I suggest you post a new thread in the Technical help forum with your issues, much better traffic there. Also, if you swap your keyfob, do not lose the transponder.
Although I doubt very much it's the cause of any problems Have fun
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2021, 12:10   #718
Phillilun

Rover75

Default Old member but new account

Hi all I had an account before (bezel06) but lost all logins so made a new account not got a rover or mg at the moment driving a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- mk1 focus but am on the lookout for one now love this forum and love the cars
Phillilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2021, 12:54   #719
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome back to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Hope you find what you are looking for.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2021, 07:28   #720
Winsentti

Rover 75 Saloon

Default New owner, old cat

Hello!

I bought a used Rover 75 petrol 2.0 V6 -99 and this forum has been a good source of information. I have been battling starting problems.
Very nice looking car this Rover also pretty rare in Finland.
Winsentti is offline   Reply With Quote