Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th October 2023, 07:10   #172101
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Morning all,is the surgery still open?

Next week its the blood nurse booked,covid jab as well ,last 2 weeks I have had more needles in me than a pin cushion, with more to come

Only nurse not seen is the Nit Nurse

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 12th October 2023 at 07:26..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2023, 07:13   #172102
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's definitely cooler this morning & looking like a dry day on the cards.

Off to take Mam to a hospital appointment shortly.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2023, 10:59   #172103
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Beautiful sunny day today compared with the deluge we had yesterday, We called at another pharmacy on the way back from Mams hospital appointment to get our covid jabs & yet again they don't have any over 65's stuff left Apparently it's different to the under 65's stuff. Going to wash the car & dry the garage out, everything's wet in there.

Old 12th October 2023, 13:10   #172104
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
We called at another pharmacy on the way back from Mams hospital appointment to get our covid jabs & yet again they don't have any over 65's stuff left
Seems to be better organised up here. Weeks ago I had a letter inviting me to book an appointment online at one of a number of vaccination centres, usually health centres. Had the double jab (covid and flu) at my nearest a couple of days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Only nurse not seen is the Nit Nurse
Anybody else remember the Mike Harding story about "Nitty Norah, the bug explorer"

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2023, 14:17   #172105
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Seems to be better organised up here. Weeks ago I had a letter inviting me to book an appointment online at one of a number of vaccination centres, usually health centres. Had the double jab (covid and flu) at my nearest a couple of days ago.

Anybody else remember the Mike Harding story about "Nitty Norah, the bug explorer"
My good lady went for her flu jab today and they asked if she wanted another Covid booster. She declined and the nurse said that lots of folks were now refusing the Covid jab. I have met several folks lately who have been in hospital for stuff and they caught Covid ................. in the hospital! None of them were seriously ill, just headaches, fever and tiredness.
Old 12th October 2023, 14:19   #172106
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post

I got a letter in the post this afternoon from the NHS saying I need to get the covid jab ASAP as I'm a priority case and I should book an appointment with my local pharmacy,

I've been trying for two weeks without success to book with three local pharmacies who said no over 65's vaccination serum available at present.
I rang the local pharmacy & said the NHS said I'm a priority case because of prostate cancer & bang straightaway I've got an appointment with them on Monday afternoon with an appointment number

I got the adapter in the post from Virgin Media for the change over to the fibre phone land line later this month 27th I think , I told Mam this morning to look out for it & I'll come over & sort it out. My older brother came a short time ago with the adapter, She'd thrown it in the bin saying it might be a scam LOL I'll keep hold of it until the change over date & sort it. She has a broadband hub but doesn't use a PC/laptop or mobile phone but my younger brother set up one of those portals on a monitor & digital picture doodahs with all the families photos & what they're up to. She really likes that.

Both greenhouses glass cleaned inside & out & a chicken casserole in the oven for tea tonight.

Old 12th October 2023, 16:27   #172107
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
I got a letter in the post this afternoon from the NHS saying I need to get the covid jab ASAP as I'm a priority case and I should book an appointment with my local pharmacy,

I've been trying for two weeks without success to book with three local pharmacies who said no over 65's vaccination serum available at present.
I rang the local pharmacy & said the NHS said I'm a priority case because of prostate cancer & bang straightaway I've got an appointment with them on Monday afternoon with an appointment number

I got the adapter in the post from Virgin Media for the change over to the fibre phone land line later this month 27th I think , I told Mam this morning to look out for it & I'll come over & sort it out. My older brother came a short time ago with the adapter, She'd thrown it in the bin saying it might be a scam LOL I'll keep hold of it until the change over date & sort it. She has a broadband hub but doesn't use a PC/laptop or mobile phone but my younger brother set up one of those portals on a monitor & digital picture doodahs with all the families photos & what they're up to. She really likes that.

Both greenhouses glass cleaned inside & out & a chicken casserole in the oven for tea tonight.
Hi Ian would you say you had a better day?

Remember the surgeon who prescribed antibiotics for my infected leg? He said I am to take Augmentin three times a day for 10 days. On checking the discharge letter, it said take Augmentin for one week, the hospital pharmacy supplied 18 tablets enough only for 5 days. Fortunately I had a back up supply with me and will be able to complete the 10 days. Today I have been practicing walking but still can’t sit at the table or in the restaurant because the leg is blown up with fluid and has trouble bending or getting over anything. The daily heparin injections into the belly have stopped so that is an improvement.

It was kind of your brother to call in to try and help you.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2023, 17:10   #172108
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Ian would you say you had a better day?

Remember the surgeon who prescribed antibiotics for my infected leg? He said I am to take Augmentin three times a day for 10 days. On checking the discharge letter, it said take Augmentin for one week, the hospital pharmacy supplied 18 tablets enough only for 5 days. Fortunately I had a back up supply with me and will be able to complete the 10 days. Today I have been practicing walking but still can’t sit at the table or in the restaurant because the leg is blown up with fluid and has trouble bending or getting over anything. The daily heparin injections into the belly have stopped so that is an improvement.

It was kind of your brother to call in to try and help you.

Hi Phil, Yes better day today & managed to get the covid jab sorted for Monday afternoon. I'm taking my sister to a hospital appointment in Salford on Monday morning too, cant seem to keep away from hospitals lately.
Ouch! your swollen leg sounds painful do they drain the fluid off?

It's been warm & sunny today but it's not going to last, we have Yellow weather warnings out for heavy rain overnight & for most of tomorrow

Old 12th October 2023, 19:19   #172109
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Hi Phil, Yes better day today & managed to get the covid jab sorted for Monday afternoon. I'm taking my sister to a hospital appointment in Salford on Monday morning too, cant seem to keep away from hospitals lately.
Ouch! your swollen leg sounds painful do they drain the fluid off?

It's been warm & sunny today but it's not going to last, we have Yellow weather warnings out for heavy rain overnight & for most of tomorrow
It’s good to hear Ian you have had a better day, thank you for replying. The swollen leg had 2 drain’s attached to vacuum bottles draining the blood and fluids post op, but since the drains were removed the leg has become more swollen.

The surgeon told me to keep my leg elevated in bed and this helps.

I noticed a drop in temperature today and the radiators in the hotel have come on.
Old 12th October 2023, 19:21   #172110
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning peeps.

After all the lovely warm sun we have had the last few weeks Autumn returned last night with rain and cooler temperatures .
Rain forecast for most of the morning and tomorrow here.

Ros and I are off to Titchmarsh Marina this afternoon to reserve our new mooring for Lady Emma.

Not back at work till Sunday as I bumped some jobs on to next week. Trying to give the eye a bit of a rest and chance to recover.
Hi Jeff

How did you get on today?